• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Janet Dafoe's Birthday Donation Campaign!

Old Bones

Happy Birthday Janet ( @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) ) ! Here's a slice of ice cream birthday cake to thank you for everything you do for your family, and your ME family around the world!

Donation made to OMF in your honour.

Cake and ice cream.JPG

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
@Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Happy Birthday Janet! Thank you for all that you and your family do for us. You are all a gift to our community. :gift::heart:

Thank you so much! What a great thing to wake up to! I just woke up I'm laying here looking out the window on a beautiful sunny day with the green leaves right outside my window and I listen to this And it was just so lovely! You may not know that I play the violin and my favorite music is chamber music and this really was just so lovely thank you very much

Janet Dafoe

Board Member
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments, virtual gifts and ice cream, and donations! Between my fb page and your direct donations to OMF, my birthday fundraiser went over the top of my goal of $5000! So awesome! I had a lovely day. Ashley made me dinner and Ron Bbq'd and we sat under our trees in the yard as the sun set and the twinkley lights came up. One of our first warm days. I am now taking care of my boy(man). With great hope he'll be with me on my next birthday!

Thank you so much! What a great thing to wake up to! I just woke up I'm laying here looking out the window on a beautiful sunny day with the green leaves right outside my window and I listen to this And it was just so lovely! You may not know that I play the violin and my favorite music is chamber music and this really was just so lovely thank you very much

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) It's so good to hear that you had such a Happy Birthday and successful fundraiser! I'm glad that you enjoyed the music that I posted. I didn't know that you played the violin. I had been listening to the gorgeous piece, "Life" earlier this year and that's how I found the "Happy Birthday Variations", just in time for my birthday in February. It really cheered me up and helped me to feel like it was my birthday (I can't have cake and ice cream). Gidon Kremer also does birthday variations but I liked Angele Dubeau's better. I hope that we'll get to hear you play the violin someday!