Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Janet Dafoe Joins Phoenix Rising Board of Directors

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Mark, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Mark

Mark Former CEO

Sofa, UK
    I'm delighted to announce that Janet Dafoe has joined Phoenix Rising's Board of Directors.

I expect that almost everybody reading this already knows Janet as the wife of Professor Ron Davis; as the mother and caretaker of her son Whitney Dafoe who is severely ill with ME/CFS; as a deeply committed advocate for the cause of ME/CFS patients; as a fundraiser for the OMF and for Ron's research; and also as Rose49 on the Phoenix Rising forums (I believe Janet has the most likes per post of any member on the forums!).

Many may not be aware, however, of the wealth of experience as an academic, practitioner, diagnostician, educator, and non-profit board member that Janet is now bringing to Phoenix Rising. You can read a bit more about Janet's background, and about Phoenix Rising's other directors, on our Board of Directors page.

I'm sure you will all join me in wishing Janet well in her new role.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Jennifer J

Jennifer J Senior Member

Southern California
    Thank you, Janet! :hug:

Jan, dangermouse, moosie and 26 others like this.
  3. shannah

shannah Senior Member

4. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    Thank you Janet - we are so grateful!! :thumbsup:

liverock, Jan, dangermouse and 19 others like this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    No doubt and well deserved! Welcome @Rose49 to this new position and we are very grateful for all that you and Ron do for this community.

simeyss, Jan, dangermouse and 19 others like this.
  6. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    Thank you so much Janet. I'm overwhelmed by your support for this community, when you have so much to do looking after Whitney.. I hope that PR is as much a support to you as you are for us!

Jan, Invisible Woman, Hilary and 21 others like this.
  7. Pendergast

Pendergast Spain

Spain
    I love Janet's soul and personality:love:, despite not knowing her well, I know that she is a warrior!! :ninja:, as Ron, Whitney and Ashley are. So this is great news!

Thank you @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) for being with us :hug:

Jan, dangermouse, MEMum and 12 others like this.
  8. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    For some reason when I typed @Rose49, it is no longer there as an option and not putting the normal blue tag. Am I doing something wrong?

Janet Dafoe (Rose49) likes this.
  9. Pendergast

Pendergast Spain

Spain
    It seems that she has changed her nick and now it's @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) ;)

simeyss, MEMum, GreyOwl and 11 others like this.
  10. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Thank you and I did not realize that!

merylg, Laelia, Jennifer J and 2 others like this.
  11. Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Janet Dafoe (Rose49) Board Member

We needed to use my actual name now so it's changed to @Janet Dafoe (Rose49). I'm hoping that Rose49 is still searchable for those who don't know about the change. I haven't had a chance to check yet.

I'm excited to take on this new role and hope I can make a difference for everyone!

12. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) For whatever reason, "Rose49" is no longer an option in the drop-down menu and doesn't tag you (as far as I can tell) but the moderators can confirm better than me!

Absolutely and this is very exciting news! Am thrilled for you (and for us) but hope you will still have time to rest.

13. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Great news for all of us. Thank you so much @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Rose49 is searchable as a search topic but not as a member. But, if you use Google Site Search, Rose49 is still searchable because it is Google doing a search of past posts rather than the PR software which no longer recognizes Rose49 as a member--only Janet Dafoe (Rose49). When a member's name is changed, it changes on all their previous posts as well. Hope that makes sense!

15. Pendergast

Pendergast Spain

Spain
    I tried to search you as Rose49 but I couldn't. But you'll see how fast we learn your new nick! You are so appreciated here! :)

And you are already making a difference here. When you liked my message ( something so usual here in PR) that was like a science fiction here in my spanish heart and made my insomnic night much more special hahaha.:rofl:

Hugs! :angel:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Jan, Invisible Woman, moosie and 16 others like this.
  16. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
  17. suseq

suseq

This is really good news. Thank you to @Janet Dafoe (Rose49) for agreeing to take on this role in support of all of us. Your compassion, expertise and advocacy means a lot, and there's no doubt you and your family are making a huge difference to how this illness is viewed and treated. Thank you.

18. 5150

5150 Senior Member

Deeply grateful for you deciding to come aboard. We need help like yours.

As always, best hopes for your family.

19. Laelia

Laelia Senior Member

UK
    This is wonderful news! Than you Janet for taking on this role and for everything you do, you're making a huge difference.

20. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Barry53, Pendergast, moosie and 12 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.