The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

James Coyne:BMJ Rapid Responses (RR), PubMed Commons & Blogging:Why I said no to revising my BMJ RR

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Perhaps of interest to the odd person who writes e-letters. James Coyne is a distinguished, but renegade, psychologist. He explains why he has decided not to agree to the change(s) to this BMJ Rapid Response (e-letter) submission suggested by Sharon of the BMJ:

Note that only people who have one or more entries in PubMed can make posts in PubMed Commons. However, one letter to the editor can be sufficient.

Valentijn, WillowJ, Bob and 2 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Has he got angrier recently?

He seems more 'militant' than pretty much all the angry CFS stuff I see (not saying much, but still...) - you probably get away with a lot more when you're inside the system rather than a 'patient' who is meant to gratefully take what you're given.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Valentijn, Dolphin and biophile like this.
  3. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

An interesting and clever, but cheeky and politically incorrect, response. LOL Esther12, yes he does seem more frustrated than usual, and is perhaps going through a similar process that many CFS patients have gone through i.e. becoming increasingly frustrated by spin and the stonewalling encountered when attempting to correct or comment on the spin.

Valentijn, Esther12, WillowJ and 2 others like this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    Nice point.

See more popular forum discussions.