• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

James C. Coyne paper wins a prize - "We are thus approved as 'troublemakers'"

Dolphin

James C. Coyne is a bit of a renegade psychologist who is willing to challenge papers, reviews, etc. if he thinks there is a lack of rigour in some way.

The Cochrane Collaboration has awarded my colleagues and me the honor of the 2013 Bill Silverman Prize. We are thus approved as “troublemakers.”

I find this recognition quite validating and encouraging of our efforts to improve the scientific literature and dissemination of the evidence it produces to clinicians, patients, and policymakers by promoting evidence-based skepticism.

Blog continues at: http://jcoynester.wordpress.com/201...verman-prize-from-the-cochrane-collaboration/

Dolphin

Most Cochrane reviews of drug trials published in 2010 did not provide information on trial funding sources or trial author-industry financial ties or employment. When this information was reported, location of reporting was inconsistent across reviews.
It might be interesting to watch Cochrane reviews of CBT, GET, etc. to see whether it mentions CoIs of authors.

Bob