Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I've gone from a super-fit party girl to being almost bedridden at 33

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by John Mac, Feb 29, 2016.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Liverpool UK
    A sympathetic piece on the Liverpool Echo website

"A part of me has died and I don't think it will ever come back," she reflects. "When you can't get out you spend so much time alone, looking at yourself in the mirror and wondering where you've gone."
    But with an informal group already established, Fay now wants to create a network to join forces with other sufferers and supporters and spread understanding.
    "The biggest problems are the stigma and people thinking, I've heard of that but I'm not sure what it is," she says. "But I am strong enough to campaign, to get the word out there and push for more help to be available, and I'm happy to do it because it gives me a purpose. I feel like I can do something good and all this isn't for nothing.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/real-lives/ive-gone-super-fit-party-10967888

2. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    I love how every caption under the photos of a happy and healthy looking individual out and about it says: 'before she became ill', 'before she was diagnosed with FM'... Well done!

Woolie, rosie26 and Battery Muncher like this.

See more popular forum discussions.