1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IV Vitamin C

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by golden, Mar 14, 2014.

1. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
  2. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    golden likes this.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I did this for quite a few months...75g three times a week. Thankfully my insurance paid for most of it...but unfortunately it didn't even come close to touching my viral infections.
    golden likes this.
  5. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    You are so lucky over there in America :)

I cant believe I am going to say this (because i am exceptionally cautious with vitamins - only taking 200iu of vitamin D a day :) )

But from a beginner perspective and what i have initially read, it appears 75 g may not be enough?

I may have got the numbers wrong though...

Thanks.
  6. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    great thanks. But £3,000!!! Gulp.

Will read through ot several times.
  7. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Ema
    I've been taking liposomal vit c for some time - sometimes 3 a day - each one is equivalent to 10grams but I don't know whether its worth the cost.
    A dentist I saw in the UK offered high dose IV vit c together with the treatment but the cost was too high - and also 250miles away from home. I think from the point of view of mercury it probably was a good option but for viruses such as we have???worth a try if you don't have to pay for it yourself definitely, but its never offered here on the NHS.
  8. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    If I had a port, I might consider doing it again because I don't think it HURT anything...but it definitely made 0 difference in my viral titers. Then again, only cidofovir has made any difference in my viral titers, and then only HHV6. So who knows?

I just have to be careful of oral Vit C...too much irritates my bladder. The liposomal seems better but I prefer the powdered buffered form the best. Too much of that causes the dire rear though...
  9. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Ema
    I desperately need a dire rear:)
    Ema and minkeygirl like this.
  10. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    golden likes this.
  11. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @Ema
    okay I'm going for it, have ordered this one.
    I will report back on the dire rear.
    golden and Ema like this.
  12. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Anyone tried making their own liposomal Vit C?

I am going to try lemon juice to try to flush out my mystery infection. Read all kinds of miraculous effects it has :rolleyes: but it is high in Vit C, has potassium and B vitamins. So, even if it doesn't act as a miracle anti-microbial, the worst that will happen is I get a nasty migraine along with some much needed nutrients. Fingers crossed.
    golden likes this.
  13. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    I made some liposomal vit C today, after a break of a couple of years. Its very simple to make. I have only lecithin capsules in so l broke 6 open. They blended OK but l will buy the granules. I took a tbsp of the mixture, about 10 GMs. I am a bit concerned about absorbing more iron as my ferritin levels are 150.
    golden and maryb like this.
  14. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Brilliant. Hope you feel some benefit.
    golden and brenda like this.
  15. JAM

JAM Jill

New Mexico
    85g via IV did wonders for me. First real breath of my life. Unfortunately, it only lasted for 5 days and I couldn't afford more than a 10 treatment run. Now that I'm on the OLE and it seems to be working I am thinking about trying another go at it.
    golden likes this.
  16. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    I did a Summer diet. Tons of raw fruit and salad. I have yet to write up. (I am not cured lol :) ) (edit: yet)

I have not been able to tolerate supplements very well so eating so much fruit was my first real go of high Vitamin C.

It is extremely helpful - but I took mine in its holistic format. I am still wary of isolating.

Today, I realised I have pain in my eyes when I move them again. Its been a good while since I have had this symptom. I have been off the diet for a week or two.

I am certain Vit C cures the pain in my eyes.
    Good to know.

However, i have also been looking up ebola cures and see it suggests a whopping 500,000mg potential need of Vit C. (500g)... my mind just cant conceive of this. It cant be right? can it?

Its way beyond my comfort zone! I very much doubt any UK practitioner will discuss this with me lol.
  17. JAM

JAM Jill

New Mexico
    Yup, it can, just have to make sure it is the right form! lol

See more popular forum discussions.