• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV Vit C

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I have a double conundrum, well maybe a triple:( I need to get my last 2 amalgams out, I've gone downhill since starting the process 4 yrs ago (I had 8 originally) and know its linked to a lack of proper chelation (my fault). So this time I hope to get it right. I was looking at getting IV Vit C before and following removal. Anyone use this therapy for anything? I looked at Dr Damian Dowling - he also has a clinic in York which is easier for me to get to than London. But there are quite a few other clinics offering this, maybe come down to cost.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I got it twice immediately following the removal and it did nothing for me that I know of. But we are all different. Have you thought about some kind of chelation? Like DMPS?

What I also did was as I sat down in the dentist chair and took a bunch of chlorella and get at that for a few days.

Glad you are getting these final 2 done.

xrunner

Hi @maryb,
Liposomal C worked just fine in my case. But I can't really compare it to iv because when I did iv, which did not help much, I wasn't going through amalgam removal.
For me what helped was the Cutler support protocol in preparation of removal which is then continued through chelation.
It's essentially (if I recall this right) a methylation and mineral support programme plus milk thistle. With hindsight this was quite key as I did not have many problems during and after removal despite feeling quite anxious during the whole process.
The details of the support protocol should be available in the documents section of the frequent chelation yahoo group
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/frequent-dose-chelation/conversations/messages
Best wishes.

ps: If you're particularly sensitive to mercury (I was/am) I'd avoid removal if deficient in key amino acids or key minerals (e.g. selenium had always been quite low for me) and until those are corrected. And I'd avoid chlorella which was a disaster for me.

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks @xrunner , I may have a MAPS test done beforehand, someone else said about selenium, it seems an important one. I don't know about the Cutler, I think ALA is not good when you still have amalgams in and the advice is not to use if for 3 months following removal.
I really need to try to get it right. @minkeygirl , you probably did benefit from the IV vit C, without knowing it. I know I went about it the wrong way the past 2 times. Hopefully third time lucky. thanks both for your comments.

perchance dreamer

I once went to a holistic dentist to have an extraction. He doesn't prescribe antibiotics afterwards unless truly necessary.

He has patients get vitamin C IVs both before and after so they can avoid antibiotics. I did fine this way without having to take ABX.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
When I went through chelation I was taking a multi mineral complex. I can't remember the brand but it was a higher end one. I never took ABX.

I don't know if removing my amalgams did anything. It certainly didn't help my energy. After 8 months of DMPS chelation my MCS were gone almost 99% and my equilibrium was better. That's it.

FYI they Dr. who did my chelation specialized in Environmental Medicine.

Sea

I had a 4 year remission following removal of amalgams, an iv infusion of vitamin C and a detox program using a powder called Ultraclear. Of course I can't know for certain whether it was a part or any of this process that gave the remission, I can only say I recovered in a very short timeframe following this process.

xrunner

I think ALA is not good when you still have amalgams in and the advice is not to use if for 3 months following removal.
That's right. During the first phase up to removal the focus is on building your mineral, methylation, antioxidant etc reserves, after removal, to that you add extracellular chelators such as DMPS or DMSA to chelate mercury and lead in the bloodstream. Months later you further add ALA to chelate mercury inside cells and organs.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
thanks @xrunner its all so complicated, I definitely need leading by the hand so will hopefully have someone in place to do that this time.

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
I don't really understand why people do IV anything, why not just take it rectally and do it yourself?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I don't really understand why people do IV anything, why not just take it rectally and do it yourself?

I don't think u could put as much vit c up ya bum as u can through an iv drip. Also iv vit c you can get blood and tissue levels up faster and much higher.

Oral vitamin c would probably be more effective than taking it rectally.

Personally wouldn't be a fan of rectal medications or supps unless no other choice.

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
I don't think u could put as much vit c up ya bum as u can through an iv drip. Also iv vit c you can get blood and tissue levels up faster and much higher.

Oral vitamin c would probably be more effective than taking it rectally.

Personally wouldn't be a fan of rectal medications or supps unless no other choice.

not true rectally is nearly just as bioavailable as IV, it's just... taboo.