1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

iv saline treatments and other IV treatments.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by Jessica90066, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jessica90066

Jessica90066

Hello I am a patient of dr irma rey. i am curiuos about why some of you get iv saline and orther iv infusions. thanks.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

Iv saline increases blood volume - temporarily--so you feel better if you have OI.

Sushi
  3. Jessica90066

Jessica90066

Thanks for the info. How do they figure out if you have low blood volume or OI ? Sorry I am a newbie to all this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

A tilt table test is the "classic" method of determining autonomic dysfuction. They can test your blood volume but only a few places have the equipment so it is not done that often.

Symptoms give a lot of information here.

Sushi
  5. Jessica90066

Jessica90066

I am seeing cardio Doc tomorrow to be testing for autonomic dysfunction. Dr Rey referred me to him. He does the tilt table testing. So I will know more tomorrow.

See more popular forum discussions.