• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV Ozone - Have you tried it?

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
@Jesse2233 Yes, my doctors typically want me to get oral, injectible, or IV nutrients first, then use the HBOT to push them further into the tissues. Schallenberger and Riordan have had good success with oxygen therapies with patients.

@Alvin2 Yes, oxygen is necessary for life. You can certainly breathe it on any street corner, but you might also get toxicity from vehicle fumes. Some of the other methods discussed around here are better for combatting hypoxia which is a characteristic of many disease states.
Injecting ozone for almost every known major disease based on no scientific backing, just the ramblings of a nutcase. That sounds incredibly smart.
If it works so amazingly well then scientific proof is only legitimate testing away.

knackers323

going off the info in this thread it sounds as if it is only one of the three types that dont produce nitrous oxide (cold plasma unit)

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/i-am-undergoing-ozone-therapy.1144/

either heparin or sodium citrate is used. sodium citrate may be beneficial

and must have ozone resistant tubing to avoid the plastic being broken down and entering the blood stream.

yet to find out what the correct plastic is

Jesse2233

Injecting ozone for almost every known major disease based on no scientific backing, just the ramblings of a nutcase. That sounds incredibly smart.
If it works so amazingly well then scientific proof is only legitimate testing away

Skepticism is healthy, and i cannot personally attest to the benefits

Here’s an interesting study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21417811/

I encourage you to look into the rest if you have doubt / interest

Alvin2

Skepticism is healthy, and i cannot personally attest to the benefits

Here’s an interesting study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21417811/

I encourage you to look into the rest if you have doubt / interest
I don't think you understand the difference between legitimate medicine and quackery, making bold wide sweeping claims with no evidence then trying to justify them afterwards is quackery, and that journal is not exactly a bastion of science, they publish stuff like this

Two other papers demonstrate specific homeopathic cellular effects: Biswas et al. report on objective changes in mouse hepatocarcinoma cells; and Baars’ group in Holland presents evidence to support the effects of injected homeopathic preparations on the symptoms of hay fever.

“Paradoxically, in this era of ever-increasing technological and biomolecular sophistication and complexity, especially in medicine, there are more people than ever before suffering with and from chronic diseases, for which allopathic medicine has demonstrated limited effectiveness, and for which psychological and psychiatric interventions are rarely curative,” writes Jobst. “In this area, homeopathic medicine and the homeopathic method not only offers a safe way forward, but one which appears to be remarkably effective in routine practice, especially for such chronic conditions, and arguably more importantly, it offers and provides a profound reawakening of the importance of doctor-patient rapport and to the taking of the clinical history.”

As i have said many times there is no such thing as alternative medicine, medicine either works or it does not, and FDA approved medications are not the end all and be all of medicine, but quackery and snake oil is not medicine, its fraud. If something works then publish legitimate research in a journal whose peer review is open minded but doesn't revolve around obvious quackery. If the treatment can do something you don't make ridiculous claims to attract a set of believers, you test it in a legitimate trial and the results will speak for themselves. I seem to recall a thread about $90,000 stem cells for ME/CFS not so long ago...

All that said if you believe in shams then no amount of logical discourse from me is going to change your mind, just make sure your wills are in order.

Last edited:

Jesse2233

@Alvin2 I do agree that RCT are the best bet at determining the objective truth of a treatment's effectiveness. Unfortunately in underfunded conditions those can be few and far to come by. I also do believe that there are treatments without any scientific basis and unscrupulous practitioners that should be avoided.

As I said I've not tried ozone personally so I can't comment directly on it's benefit. I think any treatment has risks and we should all be careful and do our research. From what I've researched ozone appears to be safe (albeit with some caveats), and appears to significantly help a number of very sick patients synergistically with other treatments. I of course could be wrong, and any claimed benefit is all placebo or spontaneous remission, but that seems unlikely.

Anyway, it's a good discussion but I don't want to @EsetIsadore's thread asking for personal experiements. We can discuss the philosophical elements of this elsewhere.

Alvin2

Its safety is in doubt and i would not risk harming myself to try something that is sold by quacks who want to make money at any cost (and i would be then paying it in dollars and possibly quality of life or even death).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_therapy
This is far more dangerous then homeopathy which is already a very stupid thing to use.

Ironically if anyone wants to discredit ME/CFS as a real disease they can easily show some snippets from this forum and say this is what they think they have and how to fix it. Or they can adopt quackery and sell it as legitimate treatment to torture children (a certain English doctor comes to mind).

place

Be Strong!
@Learner1 , I know this thread is old but wondering if you still find the hbot helpful and at what percentage of improvement?

Also
, what is your current treatment plan for hbot and would you do more if you could?

Thanks!

Learner1

I HBOT 2-3 days a week for 70 minutes a session in a soft-side 1.4atm machine, which is about right for me.

I find I nap really well in it and wake with a feeling of well being. If I do it more, I get a weird headache that says "Enough" and my oxidative stress rises, so a happy amount works well.

Its a part of a comprehensive program, which has increased my function to about 65-85% from 40%, depending on the day.

My daughter is doing 10 pass ozone which has helped her chronic Lyme a great deal after abx failed.

There are several oxygen/ozone modalities and its worth understanding what each does and applying the right combo to your situation.

Husband of

@Learner1 im interested in whether you ended up doing combination ozone and hbot therapy. Much to my surprise I have found both are available in my city.

Ozone is given at a clinic run by a doctor who is both a conventional doctor, and therefore allowed to prescribe things, but also a holistic doctor with some kind of qualification for such things. Actually her qualification related to aging, which has many similarities with fm and possibly cfs, and she says she specializes in fm and other chronic conditions .quite promising, as I doubt I’d be able to get all the tests done from an ordinary doctor. But I bet there is a waitlist to see her, I’ll find out.

I really didn’t think there would be anyone in NZ who was both conventionally trained and certified as well as holistic medicine certified. It just didn’t seem likely in our society, where you tend to be one or the other, not both. turns out she American and her qualifications are from the states.

Learner1

I think you have to have a problem that ozone would be helpful for for it to help. The purpose I used it for was infections, however, my immune system wasn't working well so it was expensive but unsuccessful. Fir someone with Lyme disease, though, I have heard of really good results with 10 pass ozone, however if one has thick blood (hypercoagulation) it can gum up the machine.

The HBOT was a gentler process. It can help hypoxia and get more oxygen into tissues and the brain, it can help with infections and it stimulates the body's antioxidant production. I used a 1.4 soft sided chamber that looks like a giant blue duffle bag.

Attached to some info that I have collected the major autohrmo ozone is 10 pass.

Was this doctor trained by Andrew Weil, the Institute for Functional Medicine or Bastyr University?

Attachments

• Ozone Oxygen Pros and Cons.pdf
    336.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WFOT OZONE therapy 2015.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Ozone_therapy_2011.pdf
    654.5 KB · Views: 6

Husband of

I think you have to have a problem that ozone would be helpful for for it to help. The purpose I used it for was infections, however, my immune system wasn't working well so it was expensive but unsuccessful. Fir someone with Lyme disease, though, I have heard of really good results with 10 pass ozone, however if one has thick blood (hypercoagulation) it can gum up the machine.

The HBOT was a gentler process. It can help hypoxia and get more oxygen into tissues and the brain, it can help with infections and it stimulates the body's antioxidant production. I used a 1.4 soft sided chamber that looks like a giant blue duffle bag.

Attached to some info that I have collected the major autohrmo ozone is 10 pass.

Was this doctor trained by Andrew Weil, the Institute for Functional Medicine or Bastyr University?
Many thanks. Lyme is not a thing in NZ, we don’t have the ticks that cause it. From her website, after working as a conventional doctor “[COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.7)] I later went on to become board-certified in Functional & Integrative Medicine through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M, now known as the Metabolic Medical Institute) and also underwent training courses through the Institute of Functional Medicine. ”

Dr. Barnes has special interest in working with disorders of the gut and immune system. Conditions that she has experience treating include, (but are not limited to):
  • Auto-immune conditions (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Multiple Sclerosis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Rheumatoid Arthritis and others)
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome / Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
  • Coeliac Disease
  • Hormonal Imbalances (PCOS, menopause and peri-menopause, endometriosis)
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME)
  • PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections)
[/COLOR]

Last edited: