1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by thecatswhiskers, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    Very sorry to hear of your IV problems - hope things are getting easier.

I've been on the Valtrex now for nearly 3 months. No change for the better or worse. I got it from the doc at the Royal Free Fatigue clinic on a private script.

But just today my GP has agreed to give me another 8 weeks of Valtrex on a NHS script! Must be some mistake ;)

Jenny
  2. thecatswhiskers

thecatswhiskers

Hi!

Well after prolonged side effects (kidney pain etc) I finally feel a bit better from the drug now. My Dr hasn't allowed me yet to start the Valtrex but has said at the moment to start Artesunate which I did yesterday (started off tiny and building up slowly); with a view to adding Valtrex in later.
    I know what you're saying about the Valtrex and how the AV's work, and that's my worry too ... You need the immune system to kick in itself unless you want to be on them indeterminately. I'm going to try the Imunovir again in the hope that it'll help; someone else who has Lyme & EBV at the clinic I go to has found it tremendously helpful, and after 2 week her glands went down for the 1st time in 9 years! She also says she doesn't feel like she's fighting something the entire time now either.
    Will try the proper stuff 1st, and then if I get on well with that, I'll look into the homemade version.

My Dr is also going to look into Nexavir (Kutapressin) for me, to see if that's an option.

I'm going to read up up on SLO, it sounds interesting.

Thanks for all your helpful info ..... all of you are brill! :eek:)
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    hi whiskers,
    How are u travelin now? hopefully feeling better. Did u start valtrex? i think you will find its not as hard to tolerate as ganciclovir, valtrex and famvir have a very good safety profile.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.