• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

It's time to get some testin done: Blood or urine?

Hi all I have been following the CBS protocol for several months and although I don't have sulfa strips I feel, better thanks to the vitamins and a low thiol diet.I have even been tolerating TMG @ a gram a day for a week now with no issues. But I need to get my ammonia and homocysteine levels checked... but how should I get them tested, through blood/plasma or urine? By urine I mean the the urine amino acids test available at holistic heal which concludes dozens of more indicators that my be helpful in my treatment but I wonder if I should save the $300 for that test until later? Most importantly, are the levels for ammonia and homocysteine accurate in both blood and urine?

Besides my 23 and me test and a full battery by my GP I havit tested for anything specific to methylation but I am following a supplementation regime for cbsa60a and bhmt 8 and assisting the suox pathway with molybdenum, etc.