• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

It's the Lyme

Violeta

I don't have time to go into specifics as I'm getting ready to go to work, but I would like to start a thread about the possibility that mast cell disorders can be caused by Lyme. I realize there isn't anything in this post to substantiate that, but I thought I would put it out there as something to think about and I'll be back later.

Violeta

I was reading at a forum for those with mast cell disorders and someone asked what started the issue for them. A lot of people said there symptoms started with Lyme. I have been tested for Lyme but have good reason to believe I carry the infection.
I wasn't looking for something to link Lyme to mast cell disorders when I started googling about it a couple of minutes ago, but I found in this blog a mention that treating for Lyme stopped anaphylactic and allergic attacks.

http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=982277

Gondwanaland

I have read and listened to interviews with dr. Klinghardt where he states the connection of multiple chemical sensitivities and Lyme. I would say mastocytosis and food intolerances are a form of MCS.
I have been asking myself how to treat Lyme haveing become nitrate/salicylate intolerant - which includes being intolerant to essential oils/herbal remedies.