Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

It's raining articles! Leonard Jason in the WSJ!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by urbantravels, Mar 4, 2011.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704507404576179031979295592.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Good catch! We all owe a big "thank-you" to Leonard Jason, who really has been both a stalwart defender and an excellent researcher. So "thank you" to both Jason and Urbantravels! Chris

3. SOC

SOC

Thanks, UT! You're finding all the treasures tonight. :)

4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Many thanks urbantravels - it's so good to see articles "raining" in now.

5. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    By the way, an asshole pyschiatrist said my Mum had "neurasthenia" this was back aorund late 1960s
    no, she had arachnoiditis, severely nasty scarring of the spinal cord caused by injury (got her back broken when a patient fell and grabbed her) and a side effect of an X-Ray flourescent dye that got banned years later (but was then exported to Africa because well, it seems Africans don't count as "real people" when it comes to profit and safety, blech! :headache: )

Because she was a woman, she therefore HAD to have a "mental condition" in the useless twat's eyes, psychiatrists seemingly thinking that only "real men" suffer "real diseases".
    Archnoiditis is, fyi, incredibly painful, pinches off nerves, and causes numb areas as well.

6. markmc20001

markmc20001 Guest

I keep seeing mention of "fatiguing illnesses" going back in to the 1930's. However, I think it confuses things.

More often than not people mention the 1980's or later being about the time things changed for them.

7. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Great video, it even used the word "retrovirus".

See more popular forum discussions.