• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ITGB3 variant seems wrong?

Paralee

I have an ITGB3 rs5918 variant that should make my blood HPA-1b negative. (L59P)I'm C/C

I had my blood tested through my dr. and here's what came back:

APOE - O
RH type - RH (D) positive

Antibody screen, ID/titer -
Antibody screen, RBC w/refl ID, titer and AG - no antibodies detected
Reference range - no antibodies detected

This assay is a screening test for the detection of red blood cell antibodies. The test is not to be used for pretransfusion screening or for the medical management of an alloimmunized pregnancy.

Did they not go far enough with the testing? I've got some things possibly coming up and I really need to know what's going on. I thought I would have trouble with transfusions, etc.

Thanks if anyone can help. (@Valentijn , hoping you weren't in bed yet, haven't got the time zones right in my head)

Last edited:

Paralee

Thank you @alicec ,
that's what I thought, they didn't go far enough checking it out. Thank you so much for letting me know, I'm in a mix of health troubles again but I wanted to make sure I had my blood straight and get some on hand by having it frozen before I went any further. Thanks again.