The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

ITGB3 variant seems wrong?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Paralee, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    I have an ITGB3 rs5918 variant that should make my blood HPA-1b negative. (L59P)I'm C/C

I had my blood tested through my dr. and here's what came back:

APOE - O
    RH type - RH (D) positive

Antibody screen, ID/titer -
    Antibody screen, RBC w/refl ID, titer and AG - no antibodies detected
    Reference range - no antibodies detected

This assay is a screening test for the detection of red blood cell antibodies. The test is not to be used for pretransfusion screening or for the medical management of an alloimmunized pregnancy.

Did they not go far enough with the testing? I've got some things possibly coming up and I really need to know what's going on. I thought I would have trouble with transfusions, etc.

Thanks if anyone can help. (@Valentijn , hoping you weren't in bed yet, haven't got the time zones right in my head)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    HPA-1 a and b are platelet antigens, not studied in this test.

Paralee likes this.
  3. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    Thank you @alicec ,
    that's what I thought, they didn't go far enough checking it out. Thank you so much for letting me know, I'm in a mix of health troubles again but I wanted to make sure I had my blood straight and get some on hand by having it frozen before I went any further. Thanks again.

See more popular forum discussions.