1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Itchy rash -could this be caused by NAC?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by tatt, May 1, 2013.

1. tatt

tatt

I was trying a modified version of the methylation protocol (modified because I'm in the uk so getting supplements can be trickier and I'm not rich). NAC produced such an improvement that I bought a (semi-recumbent) exercise bike and was beginning to exercise for 90 seconds a time. However I have developed an itchy rash and had this for weeks. My gp believes it to be pityriasis rosea but I haven't had a virus, I'm a lot older than the usual age range and it's been all over my body including hands, feet and sometimes face. It's not on my palms or soles and it's not a bullseye Lyme rash. It starts as itchy red spots that develop outwards to leave a pale centre and red circle or horseshoe shape then fade but others develop. At night the rash often fades. I'm taking loratidine or cetirizine twice a day and using a steroid cream when the itching is still bad.

I've stopped the supplements for a time without the rash going but would like to restart NAC. Any advice welcomed.
  2. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Tatt,

I'm not at all familiar with that. I don't know if there is any connection. Good luck.
  3. tatt

tatt

thanks for replying. I'm wondering if the rash is actually caused by helicobacter pylori and the NAC was helping by damaging the biofilm helicobacter creates. Anyway I've persuaded my gp to test for helicobacter and as soon as the sample's taken I'm going on NAC, raw garlic and probiotics while I wait for the results.

See more popular forum discussions.