• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Itchy hairloss?

drob31

At random times I will get an itch in my scalp. If I drag my fingers through this area I will find a few hairs that come out, and this relieves the itch. Sometimes it happens in a few random spots, and other times I won't notice it all day. I can't figure out the trigger. My hair grows back however, because it's not falling out fast enough to make a difference. Since starting to take MSM it has actually gotten noticeable thicker too.

Before my "crash", I used to have this happen after haircuts. I would get a haircut, and for a day or so my hair would get itchy and it would fall out where it itched, but this would go away until my next hair cut. Could it be mercury, etc?

Any idea of the trigger?