• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Itchy Body after Starting Methylb12 and Folate

I'm taking 1.6 mg of folate twice a day and 1mg of methylb12 daily. I was fine for awhile and now I'm having itching episodes all over. I don't show a rash or anything it's just really itchy. I have read through multiple methlyation documents and have searched on this board and have tried:

Increasing folate intake (donut hole folate)
Increasing potassium citrate intake

those seem to be the most frequent suggestions based on symptoms but I'm still itchy. I have also read it might be an indication of high histamines but I think taking an anti-histamine is just covering up the symptom and not treating it, I must be taking too much or too little of something. Anyone have a suggestion I could give a try? It's not terrible just annoying at this point.