• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Italian director of AIDS Immunopathogenesis disproves Yamamoto's claims on Gc-Maf

Lou

Hi Daff,

no problem, not remembering things is no new symptom :) I started may 7 2010 with a weekly, full dose injection. From April 2011, I started bi-weekly until march 2012 and then I stopped Gc-Maf because I was getting worse. That started in fact end of december 2011 and I still think it has something to do with the combination of Vit-D, Gc-Maf, selenium and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid. Although my labs fully normalized at that moment, the relapse occured right after. I'm still experiencing the beginning of my illness. So, whatever caused this, I have the feeling either the latent virus woke up heavily, or I'm experiencing a new infection. And that can be only from contaminated Gc-Maf. There could be no other explanation for that.

Since two weeks, I started Gc-Maf again, on a weekly basis for now. Still full dose. Brain fog came back indeed, but is somewhat better now. Despite the relapse, there are still things that remain improved, like my intolerances and energy-wise. I had also again systemic candida, my hands were full of blisters. In that sense, Gc-Maf is amazing because as soon as I started it, they were wiped away in a matter of a day.

If it's systemic inflamamtory syndrome, then that's very bad news for me. At least it could explain the speed-up of my illness as I'm experiencing right now.

Take care,
OS.

Hi O S,

You suspected your gcmaf was contaminated? Please tell us your source for gcmaf.
Sounds like you're going throung a bad stretch, hang in there, hope things turn around
for you.

Overstressed

Hi O S,

You suspected your gcmaf was contaminated? Please tell us your source for gcmaf.
Sounds like you're going throung a bad stretch, hang in there, hope things turn around
for you.
Hi Lou,

I asked for the original vial, but according to the nurse, they give the recipe to the lab and they return the Gc-Maf. She told me the vials are blank, no printing on it. My doc had Gc-Maf long before KDM started using it. On earlier occasions my doc told me the source of KDM and his is the same. But he's not telling which lab makes the Gc-Maf. I have asked this a numerous of times, already.

I must be very careful saying the Gc-Maf was contaminated, since I don't know what is happening to me. Only, that my illness starts all over again from the beginning. To me, it looks like a re-infection. And if that's the case, there are no risk-factors, besides the bi-weekly injection I was receiving. But, it's all speculation and perhaps too difficult to explain what's really going on.

But, Gc-Maf on the other hand is not without risk...

Best wishes,
OS.

Daffodil

OS.....your doctor was using GcMAF even before KDM? i didnt realize anyone had done that.

whats happening to you is really bothering me. you have been on GcMAF longer than most so you are one of the few who can attest to what happens in the long run.

can you check your NK cell function? that will be very useful i think

ukxmrv

OS, thanks for pointing out the risks of GCMAF and also for explaining what is happening to you.
I remember when XMRV was being discussed at a conference once of the scientists there said something about patients possibly infecting themselves with experimental treatments. Was thinking at the time of the IVIG's that some of us have taken (myself included) but here's another product that could possibly be a way of introducing contamination.

Another hug for you as you must be feeling very frustrated. Treating this disease feels like a game of snakes and ladders to me and there are always more snakes on this board.

(((OVERSTRESSED)))

Recovery Soon

I've been on it for roughly 6 weeks- and although I don't feel any better or worse- my natural killer cell count just went from 18 to 47.

Lou

Hi Lou,

I asked for the original vial, but according to the nurse, they give the recipe to the lab and they return the Gc-Maf. She told me the vials are blank, no printing on it. My doc had Gc-Maf long before KDM started using it. On earlier occasions my doc told me the source of KDM and his is the same. But he's not telling which lab makes the Gc-Maf. I have asked this a numerous of times, already.

I must be very careful saying the Gc-Maf was contaminated, since I don't know what is happening to me. Only, that my illness starts all over again from the beginning. To me, it looks like a re-infection. And if that's the case, there are no risk-factors, besides the bi-weekly injection I was receiving. But, it's all speculation and perhaps too difficult to explain what's really going on.

Hi OS,

Yes, you're probably right, without stronger evidence it may be better not to mention contamination since many of us have/are taken/taking gcmaf. Actually, we've been down this road before, maybe twice, and I can't see where (without proof) this is helpful. Don't mean to be harsh, just my thoughts.

It is a little ironic --given what you said of your Dr's source possibly same as KDM-- that it was a couple of his patients
warning of the dangers of gcmaf from BGLI. There again, without the slightest proof offered.

Best regards,

Lou

But, Gc-Maf on the other hand is not without risk...

Best wishes,
OS.

Overstressed

Hi Lou,

I was actually referring to the risks in general with gc-Maf. After all, it is derived from blood. You can't be sure of the donors. Even if you get a blood transfusion from a hospital, it's with a lot of risks. I know directly from two people, one in Paris, and one where I live, who developed CFS after receiving blood.

If people think I was discrediting KDM's Gc-Maf or others, that's is clearly NOT the case. In my humble opinion, they are all with a certain amount of risk. I think it's important that I write down my own experience, and as Daffodil says, I'm must have had nearly the most injections to date. If I go down, it's important that others don't make the same mistake(s). I know we all are desperate, which is sometimes very dangerous -at least in my case- because you're sometimes ignoring doing some real risk-assessment.

Best wishes,
OS.

Daffodil

this is really freaking me out.

i am doing well. i dont want to go down. going down now......it will be worse than never getting better at all. ugh.

Christopher

Hi Daff,

no problem, not remembering things is no new symptom :) I started may 7 2010 with a weekly, full dose injection. From April 2011, I started bi-weekly until march 2012 and then I stopped Gc-Maf because I was getting worse. That started in fact end of december 2011 and I still think it has something to do with the combination of Vit-D, Gc-Maf, selenium and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid. Although my labs fully normalized at that moment, the relapse occured right after. I'm still experiencing the beginning of my illness. So, whatever caused this, I have the feeling either the latent virus woke up heavily, or I'm experiencing a new infection. And that can be only from contaminated Gc-Maf. There could be no other explanation for that.

Since two weeks, I started Gc-Maf again, on a weekly basis for now. Still full dose. Brain fog came back indeed, but is somewhat better now. Despite the relapse, there are still things that remain improved, like my intolerances and energy-wise. I had also again systemic candida, my hands were full of blisters. In that sense, Gc-Maf is amazing because as soon as I started it, they were wiped away in a matter of a day.

If it's systemic inflamamtory syndrome, then that's very bad news for me. At least it could explain the speed-up of my illness as I'm experiencing right now.

Take care,
OS.

sorry about your relapse. I'm just curious though. You say it feels like when you first got sick with CFS, except for intolerances and energy? Can you elaborate a bit by what you mean?

Overstressed

Hi Christopher,

I'll try to explain, because it's not so easy; When my illness started, I had different kind of symptoms, at different times. I had written everything down what was happening, and when. Since beginning of this year, my symptoms re-appear in the same order as my illness started years ago. Except for the intolerances and my energy. So, my energy didn't relapse as well as my intolerances. Both are stable, it didn't got worse with the relapse I'm experiencing right now.

I hope this clears things a bit up, hopefully.

Best regards,
OS.

Daffodil

OS.....i was reading that in cancer, there are some cells resistant to macrophage binding. so i am wondering if the same might be said for infected cells. maybe while you first took GcMAF, most of the infected cells were killed off, leaving the cells that the macrophages could not kill...and so now you have a whole bunch of cells that are resistant. could this happen? i dont know

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I'll try to explain, because it's not so easy; When my illness started, I had different kind of symptoms, at different times. I had written everything down what was happening, and when. Since beginning of this year, my symptoms re-appear in the same order as my illness started years ago. Except for the intolerances and my energy. So, my energy didn't relapse as well as my intolerances. Both are stable, it didn't got worse with the relapse I'm experiencing right now.

I hope this clears things a bit up, hopefully.

Best regards,
OS.

A bit - thank you. So you first became ill, with various symptoms, including food intolerance and low energy. After starting the GcMAF, all symptoms improved, including food intolerance and more energy. Then, recently, your old symptoms returned, except you still are better tolerating foods and kept your increased energy?

I'm just trying to get an idea if the GcMAF was still overall helpful to you, despite the recent relpase. Thanks!

Excuse me for jumping in here...but what I've read about the Berlin patient, Timothy Ray Brown, including what he says himself, does not lead to the conclusion that he's relapsed. Here's a link to an NPR report, you can see that what was found were fragments of viral genes, and in such trace amounts that these could be false readings.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...in-man-cured-of-hiv-trigger-scientific-debate

There may be plenty of other things to be cynical about, but this article shows a hopeful side to his story.

John

Hi Daff,

well, I don't think Gc-Maf is a cure. If it's handling the virus in some way, it gets not fully eradicated. The everlasting problem with the latent virus ? Who knows? Does it do anything at all towards viruses ? Don't know, my labs on EBV, CMV are not changing. It probably will take time, but since the buzzing in my ear expanded to my r-ear too, and it looks like EBV is responsible for that, I doubt Gc-Maf does really something to my Herpes-viruses. You would expect the antibodies go down after a while. Perhaps IgG antibodies take more time? You carry them during your whole life, most likely, but eventually, they have to go down.

Even if they find what its causing this -and I'm pretty sure its a retrovirus- there's nothing to do about that. At best, HIV has some ARVs that suppress the virus, and that's it. No cure. The only man that was found cured, the so called "Berlin patient", seems to be relapsed. They've found back HIV in his blood. At this moment, there's a debate among scientist, some say he's infected again, some say the virus had never been fully eradicated. If that's the case, this is a new milestone, a milestone in the disaster of HIV-research. Decades of extensive research, money and the only thing there is, is meds that quietly tell the virus to go to sleep and have a rest. I'm sorry for being so cynical...

For your information: I'm not a patient of KDM.

Take care,
OS.

Overstressed

Excuse me for jumping in here...but what I've read about the Berlin patient, Timothy Ray Brown, including what he says himself, does not lead to the conclusion that he's relapsed. Here's a link to an NPR report, you can see that what was found were fragments of viral genes, and in such trace amounts that these could be false readings.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...in-man-cured-of-hiv-trigger-scientific-debate

There may be plenty of other things to be cynical about, but this article shows a hopeful side to his story.

John
Hi John,

That's true what you say, that fragments of viral genes were found. I should correct my post, actually. I'm glad you did. This case again shows how difficult it is to translate such a piece of scientific information. Even the scientists say different things about these findings. Some say, the virus was never eradicated fully, some say it's a new infection, others say it's a false reading. It looks, for HIV, there are plenty of questions remaining, despite 30 years of science.

Best wishes,
OS.

Overstressed

A bit - thank you. So you first became ill, with various symptoms, including food intolerance and low energy. After starting the GcMAF, all symptoms improved, including food intolerance and more energy. Then, recently, your old symptoms returned, except you still are better tolerating foods and kept your increased energy?

I'm just trying to get an idea if the GcMAF was still overall helpful to you, despite the recent relpase. Thanks!
Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately, there's no easy answer to that: I have the feeling, some things have improved, and some things not, and other things not at all. With my current relapse, I have the feeling for some aspects of the disease I'm back at square one, it's comparable as I was at my worst. Some aspects, like PEM, this got better, and it feels that I didn't relapse on that aspect. Cognitively, I'm doing better, still relapsing when inflammation increases, though. But, I must say, if I treat my liver, cognitively I do better.

I wished Gc-Maf would be a cure for me, but at this moment, it doesn't look like that. I wished that I could stop Gc-Maf at one point, it looks I can't do without. From my experience, I can say that experimenting with supplements/vitamins while on Gc-Maf, is not good, unless perhaps you're under supervision with a well experienced doctor. For me, supplementing with Vit-D3 while on Gc-Maf was very bad on the longer run(my vit-D3 went down at one point, just before my huge relapse). It's better you start supplementing Vit-D3 BEFORE starting Gc-Maf at all.

Also, to me it looks very important that you keep a strict diet, no alcohol, no gluten, no lactose/fructose/sugar. A zero-tolerance is required. Perhaps, under strict circumstances, Gc-Maf will work better, who knows? I didn't keep a strict diet, more, last summer, while on holiday, I drank one time way too much alcohol and became so drunk like I was never before in my whole entire life. Rightafter I became very ill, with a fever. Perhaps this was the cause for my relapse 4 months later... I still drink alcohol, sometimes. But then it's a glass of wine during dinner. And I didn't keep a strict diet, because it's quiet impossible when you also have a partner.

Perhaps an important thing to add: I worked full-time before I started Gc-Maf, and still work full-time. If I add my driving time, I'm 12 hours busy/day, at least...

If you have any pending questions, just ask, I'll be glad to answer them.

Best wishes,
OS.