1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

It Seems Frightening At First, But This Is One Of The Most Beautiful Things I’ve Ever Seen.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Firestormm, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I really am still not sure if this is real. Looks incredible. Absolutely ace if it is. I mean it must be I suppose. WOW!

This will go viral in a big way. Be sure to hit the links to see more pictures and to share on Facebook. Keep this news 'hot' :)

2. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    That is soooooooooooo amazing. :jaw-drop::)

Firestormm likes this.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I want! It'll be a real hoot in the Dutch canals :p

4. Bob

Bob

South of England
    lol, are you sure you've properly thought that one through, Val? hehe...

5. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Yes. I'll surface in canals near school yards, scaring the crap outta the cute little Dutch kids.

:D

Little Bluestem, maryb and Firestormm like this.
  6. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Great stuff, and so nice to hear of an artist with M.E. being given commissions in the public realm. Puts my wheelchair holiday snaps to shame Photo0097.jpg Photo0175.jpg

7. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
  8. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Shame we can't add comments to that website and the Facebook page for the publishers hasn't got the article up yet. I am still confused - I mean I know it is real as I checked Sue's website: http://www.susanaustin.co.uk/ But the article refers to her being in or associated with the 2012 Paralympics and I honestly cannot remember anyone with ME getting a mention. Nothing about her on Phoenix and surely we would have picked up on it. She wasn't eventing but was involved in some sort of art-demo thingy... Anyway, you can like on Facebook and Share which I have done. Just a shame we can't show our 'awe' with some comments. Never mind.

9. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    It looks like the Cultural Olympiad was a separate event, preceding the Olympics and Paralympics. So sort of associated, but definitely distinct.

Firestormm likes this.
  10. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    Did you see the videos? Apparently also on YouTube but am too tired to look for them now. They are on her website as well: http://www.wearefreewheeling.org.uk/?location_id=1849

11. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
  12. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    I just made the comment on Facebook that this is like when James Bond had that underwater car :) And Sue said in the write-up this was an NHS Wheelchair. Can you imagine checking one out from hospital and opting for 'the underwater version please'? LOL What a hoot!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Valentijn and Bob like this.
  13. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Firestormm likes this.
  14. biophile

biophile Places I'd rather be.

Those are awesome. Unfortunately I can no longer tolerate being submerged in cold water without cramps and pain. During a failed course of GET I had access to a pool that was heated to skin temperate, that was much more comfortable!

I would also prefer my underwater wheelchair to be motorized.

Haha, particularly if there are any local legends about what lurks in the canals!

Valentijn and Firestormm like this.

See more popular forum discussions.