• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

It feels like I can't move but I can

Snookum96

I didn't sleep much last night and was having a rough day and then I had this weird episode. I've never experienced anything like it. It felt like I couldn't move but I could. My skin felt so tight and I kept trying to wring my arms like a wet towel. I was digging my nails into my arms and clenching my teeth. I was so scared I still am. It has calmed down now but now I'm in slow motion. My walking is more of a shuffle and my head is kind of hanging down. It's taking a long time to write this. I don't know what is happening.
Has anyone experienced this?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
It sounds like neuro weirdness. There are so many strange symptoms that come with this illness and with sleep deprivation added to the mix.

Sometimes figuring things out takes more energy than it's worth. I would just rest, distract yourself with some music or tv, and see how you feel tomorrow.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I always get weird stuff and I spend days obsessing over it making myself worse and more upset. It usually ends up being nothing.

Try to relax and then sleep and see what tomorrow brings.

If you did start a new supplement or medication look at that

I swore I had colon cancer last week because j was bloated. I cried for 2 days. It ended up being a side effect of something I had taken. Once I stopped I was fine.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Thank you all for responding!
@Dreambirdie thats a very good point. I could probably spend hours online and find nothing. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. I just kept crying. So weird.

So sorry that you got blasted with this thing, whatever it was.... I have had far too many terrifying, weird and indescribable symptoms, some of the worst ones happening right when I've woken up from a night of so-called sleep, throttling my brain and body with the likes of unimaginable neuro-wacky torture.

When I feel at my worst, I will often just lay back and surrender to my death. Amazingly, or not, that takes some of the pressure off my worry, and I end up feeling better, at least temporarily until the next wave hits.

PNR2008

I have surrendered to my death many times and still I'm here. If you feel weird in the same way again, you should check it out.

barbc56

I agree with @PNR2008 . It sounds like these are new symptoms (?). Are you sctually shuffling and not able to hold your head up or it just feels like it?

It sounds imperative you get this checked out.

Take care.

Barb

Snookum96

I agree with @PNR2008 . It sounds like these are new symptoms (?). Are you sctually shuffling and not able to hold your head up or it just feels like it?

It sounds imperative you get this checked out.

Take care.

Barb
Yes this was new. It's never happened before. It just felt like I couldn't hold my head up but I was shuffling , it's gone now but I will talk to my doc about it. I've just started assuming that everything is related but if this isn't something others have experienced I will have it looked into.

Effi

hi @Jodie1980
I'm not sure if it's the same, but I get these episodes where I want to move e.g. my arm but it doesn't react. I know I am able to move it, but it's as if I have to tell my arm to move a couple of times before it reacts. It also comes with the shuffling and generally moving in slow motion. For me it happens when I'm extra exhausted but maybe even more when I have sensory overload. It's almost as if my nerves are on strike or something.

If it makes you feel more at ease you could always talk about it with your doctor. But my experience with telling my doctor about my weird new symptomes has always been a let down, cause they never have the answers. You could research it a little bit once you feel better, but that doesn't always give you answers either... I usually just label it as another weird symptom.

take care! :hug: