• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is using a SAUNA recommended?

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire
The previous posts agree with my own experience.

Saunas are great for healthy people, but not for sick people. If your illness is on the milder side (e.g. no adrenal / POTS issues) then you may also benefit.

I would love to be able to sauna, as it feels fantastic, but can not do so as it wrecks my adrenals.

helsbells

I used to be able to do saunas and feel better and a bit more relaxed but now am not - after using my friends Far sauna i just feel really weak for days. this isn't a detox issue as I did saunas for ages for this issue. can manage a hot bath in winter and thats great but unfortunately have to avoid saunas now

ruben

for me personally i know from experience that sweating profusely would get rid of a migraine headache very quickly

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I would love to be able to use a sauna as I thnk they can be beneficial but given the amount of sweating I do during the night it si something I decided against trying , I think one only needs to lose so much sweat and then you start losiing the good minerals etc as well.