The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is twisting the wrists while sleeping some kind of symptom?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Gondwanaland, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

EXACTLY :aghhh:

Interestingly 80% of my food intolerances are gone now with my current supplementation regime in addition to estrogen replacement therapy o_O

Paralee likes this.
  2. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    That's great, @Gondwanaland.

I heard on the news last nite (?) maybe this morning that in the US the millinials cases of colorectal/colon cancer have increased dramatically, and of course they don't know why.

3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

@picante @Lolinda @Crux

I have been taking silymarin regularly (1x weekly) and it didn't trigger the wrist issue anymore.

Last night something interesting happened after I took some supplements -
    • low-dose B complex (excipient leucine)
    • a tiny bit of Lysine
    • extra B5

They caused me instant stiff neck, but I had no trouble in falling asleep or staying asleep except for getting up in the middle of the night to urinate (with a very painful neck) and falling asleep again. When I got up in the morning I noticed I had been twisting/locking my wrists the whole night, which I had already concluded to be related with iron issues.

According to Accu-cell
    I usually take Pantethine, but since I am hyperreactive right now, I suspected the tablet contained nasty excipients, so I changed to Pantothenic Acid. However the only bad reaction I get from Pantethine is sandy eyes (which I also got last night mildly).

When I got up this morning my neck was still stiff and hurting, but it cleared completely after an arginine rich breakfast.

Conclusions:
    • Both silymarin and B5 activate iron transport and cause me to twist and lock my wrists in sleep.
    • Something caused me a stiff neck that cleared with arginine (B5? Lysine?)

Crux likes this.
  4. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    I don't know why some of these supps. have caused pain in the past. I'm trying to figure it out since you brought it up, but still, :confused: .

Milk Thistle has been shown to be a good iron chelator, so it could be causing pain that way. I used to take it years ago, even made tinctures. It was neutral in effects for me, but I believed it was helping the liver.

Then, it began to cause a lot of pain in liver area, and neuropathy. I wasn't taking much, but stopped.

Lysine never worked for me either, but I can see how it would cause stiffness with increased calcium absorption.

I've never had a negative with B5.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Here's a possible reason why I had neuropathy with milk thistle,

Not only does it chelate iron, but it also chelates copper.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26785346

The last time I took mild thistle was.... ~ 5 yrs. ago....don't even remember.

I just took some of a tincture I made. I'm wondering if it will cause neuropathy , now that I've resolved the copper deficiency.

Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.