Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is twisting the wrists while sleeping some kind of symptom?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Gondwanaland, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Well, my current supplementation regime + probiotics has been very helpful - no joint pain, but then it could be my oxalate avoidance o_O

I don't think I will ever eat spinach or sweet potato again :nervous:

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    no sweet potato:(. another of the things I have loved. in the past.

3. Gondwanaland

You too? Because of the oxalates? Or CB?

4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

@Gondwanaland I'm not clear. I thought it was histamine, like pumpkin, but it's not on that list. not oxalates, carrots are high ox and not a problem. Nor is it gluten cross-reactive or on the autoimmune list. So I guess I could try it, but at this point, I'm not even motivated. right is easy.:rolleyes:

5. Gondwanaland

Well fixing anemia apparently solved it

I would also like to bring this info to the context here:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/filled-paper-requests.22559/page-17#post-647929
    Saffron causing reduced RBCs... Not that I eat any saffron more often than 1x yearly, but I wonder how everything else impacts RBC levels, or iron, ferritin, etc and if this is the problem causing the wrists to curl. Yes, I am still "locking" my wrists in a strange way especially between 3 and 7 AM, and especially on a bad night's sleep :confused:

Violeta likes this.
  6. Violeta

Violeta Senior Member

I've been doing it lately again, too.

Interesting about iron levels, let me see what I can figure out about myself with respect to iron.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  7. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    Horrific! If people only knew, sigh! Saw my neighbor was out staining their deck this summer. She has MS. No respirator, nothing. Do I even waste my breath?

8. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    What a surprise: that falcon position is how I used to sleep. Now it torques my neck. I adopted Esther Gokhale's side sleeping position a few years ago, and I like it. Complete with the thin padding under the waist, because my hip/waist ratio is unusually large.

9. Gondwanaland

My mother's neighbor is a CHEMIST :zippit:

picante likes this.
  10. Gondwanaland

Hm, thyroid is involved in the wrists tension o_O

Paralee likes this.
  11. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

:nerd::thumbsup:

12. Gondwanaland

I pinned it down this past night!:thumbsup:

B2 deficiency causes tension in the wrists during sleep. Apparently there is a lot of iron transport going on and too little B2 to use it.

Paralee, ahmo, aaron_c and 1 other person like this.
  13. sleepingbeautycan

sleepingbeautycan

I wish there was a list of different odd symptoms and what they might mean. Is there?? Here is my weird list:

• Nail cuticles dug into palms when I wake up -Vitamin D3 deficiency
    • Deep bone pain - Vitamin D3 deficiency
    • Shooting pain from my neck to shoulder -Vitamin B12 deficiency
    • Can't taste sweet things -Vitamin B12 deficiency
    • Wet feeling on my leg -Vitamin B12 deficiency
    • Constipation for more than 1 day - Potassium deficiency
    • Fever for weeks - Too much iodine

Paralee, helen1, Gondwanaland and 2 others like this.
  14. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    Have you got relief from all those things by treating the deficiencies you list? I know there are several other causes for some of them:
    • Nail cuticles dug into palms when I wake up -nervous tension, possible GABA deficiency
    • Deep bone pain - Bone cancer, protein deficiency/muscle wasting - may not be due to low protein diet if digestion is not working correctly
    • Shooting pain from my neck to shoulder - Thoracic outlet syndrome, low magnesium, cervical stenosis (nerve impingement)
    • Can't taste sweet things - high blood sugar, diabetes
    • Wet feeling on my leg - neuropathy
    • Constipation for more than 1 day - now for some of us, this is just how we were born...but hypothyroidism, opiate use, low fiber diet, not enough fat in the diet, IBS
    • Fever for weeks - infection, autoimmune syndromes
    I appreciate your sleuthing. And I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just that there are many possible causes, and it's good not to jump to conclusions.

Valentijn likes this.
  15. Gondwanaland

I keep finding night terrors associated with hypoglycemia over and over again in my readings about insulin resistance.

merylg likes this.
  16. Gondwanaland

My current take on it

17. Gondwanaland

Coconut is high amines, spinach is high amines and oxalates - they both increase your need for DAO/MAO (B2+B6)

I got that from Biotin supplementation and then anaphylaxis and hives (B6 depletion).

I think that the fact that turmeric is a methyl donor is what brings benefits (needs a lot of B6 to tolerate it due to oxalates). I will stay with coconut oil (needs only a modest amount of B2 to be tolerated).

Oxalate sensitivity is helped by taking B6. To me B6 is only tolerable if I also take B2.
    Both high oxalate foods (sweet potato) and high histamine foods (pumpkin) increase the need for B6 and B2 (and associated minerals like Mg, Mn, Zn, Cu, Fe etc)

18. sleepingbeautycan

sleepingbeautycan

Thank you for making that clear. Yes these are things for me that resolve with the given vitamins. I just wish there was a list somewhere that had everyone's experience.

19. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    :) That's why they call medicine "practice".

Paralee and sleepingbeautycan like this.
  20. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland et al, night terrors, or so I've read, are related to narcolepsy, at least 4 out of my 5 kids had night terrors, trying to remember about the 5th one, maybe not.

re: sweet potatoes, carrots, etc. may have another problem, malabsorbtion or conversion. I can absorb beta carotene but evidently I can't convert it to vit. A, so since it can be absorbed through the receptors I probably shouldn't eat any colored (orange yellow etc.) vegetable.

Then we go to the thyroid and goitrogens (sp?), another no-no because of hashi's. Then there's high oxalates with a lot of plants. OK, this is getting ridiculous, right? Because I think there's more that I'm not remembering at the moment........my point (I really do have one) is maybe I am a supertaster for a reason? A real one, been tested.

And I also ramble, one thought leads to another. Just ask my poor Hubs, I leave him in the middle of one conversation topic to something totally different.

This started out just to mention other possibilities or maybe things tied together in some other way....or maybe a dot is missing.....

See more popular forum discussions.