Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is this too much B12 per day?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by GypsyA, Nov 15, 2016.

1. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    Hi Everyone!

I've been having more consistent energy since I began taking regular B12. I started off with small amounts and have worked my way up to the following:

* Dibencozide (Source Naturals CoEnzymated B12): 1/2 tablet = 5mg dibencozide/4.3 mg B12
    AND
    * Perque Activated B12 Guard: 1/2 tablet = 1,000 mcg

I grind the two forms of B12 together and daily take the above amounts. I've been consistently taking the B12 mixture for almost a year, now.

Is this too much? I read a study a few months ago that seemed to say too much B12 is actually harmful (can't remember what it said..something about cell proliferation?).

Thanks!

Love,

Wendi

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

My general understanding is that too much folate can cause problems, but only if there is already a cancer present. Basically it feeds the cancer cells just like it does the normal cells. I'm not sure that B12 can do the same thing.

GypsyA likes this.
  3. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

I think they're just saying that elevated B12, in the absence of supplementation, can be an indication that someone has cancer. There's no indication that the elevated B12 causes the cancer, and it's very unlikely that it did since people were excluded from the study if they were supplementing.

aaron_c and GypsyA like this.
  5. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    Oh! Thanks, Valentijn!!! <3

So, the amount I'm taking isn't considered too much, then? I searched the forums and didn't see an area where anyone agreed on the amount to use for supplementing (especially the forms of B12 I'm taking).

See more popular forum discussions.