• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this the cause of ME?

currer

Good for the germans. Sounds like they are more responsible when they market their products.

Please read the articles and links I posted. In them Exley shows a graph of the excretion of aluminium together with silica following drinking the mineral water. The graph peaks as the water, aluminium and silica are excreted together in urine. His team have tested other silica supplements and found they do not work.

Non-invasive therapy to reduce the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease.
Exley C1, Korchazhkina O, Job D, Strekopytov S, Polwart A, Crome P.
Author information
Abstract

There are unexplained links between human exposure to aluminium and the incidence, progression and aetiology of Alzheimer's disease. The null hypothesis which underlies any link is that there would be no Alzheimer's disease in the effective absence of a body burden of aluminium. To test this the latter would have to be reduced to and retained at a level that was commensurate with an Alzheimer's disease-free population. In the absence of recent human interference in the biogeochemical cycle of aluminium the reaction of silicic acid with aluminium has acted as a geochemical control of the biological availability of aluminium. This same mechanism might now be applied to both the removal of aluminium from the body and the reduced entry of aluminium into the body while ensuring that essential metals, such as iron, are unaffected. Based upon the premise that urinary aluminium is the best non-invasive estimate of body burden of aluminium patients with Alzheimer's disease were asked to drink 1.5 L of a silicic acid-rich mineral water each day for five days and, by comparison of their urinary excretion of aluminium pre-and post this simple procedure, the influence upon their body burden of aluminium was determined. Drinking the mineral water increased significantly (P<0.001) their urinary excretion of silicic acid (34.3 +/- 15.2 to 55.7 +/- 14.2 micromol/mmol creatinine) and concomitantly reduced significantly P=0.037) their urinary excretion of aluminium (86.0 +/- 24.3 to 62.2 +/- 23.2 nmol/mmol creatinine). The latter was achieved without any significant (P>0.05) influence upon the urinary excretion of iron (20.7 +/- 9.5 to 21.7 +/- 13.8 nmol/mmol creatinine). The reduction in urinary aluminium supported the future longer-term use of silicic acid as non-invasive therapy for reducing the body burden of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16988476

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
Good for the germans. Sounds like they are more responsible when they market their products.

Why? There is no connection between aluminium in deodorants and breast cancer. They just have to pander to the irresponsible hysteria created by Exley if they want to carry on selling deodorants.

There are unexplained links between human exposure to aluminium and the incidence, progression and aetiology of Alzheimer's disease.

So it's his job to explain them. Correlation is not causation. If all he has is correlation he shouldn't procede on the basis that he has established causation. That's what he did with deodorants, it was irresponsible.

Please read the articles and links I posted.

Please read other opinions on the dangers or otherwise of aluminium and form a balanced view, instead of uncritically accepting and preaching Mr Exley.

currer

I have read around the problem of aluminium and I find that there has never been a proper evaluation of the risks from aluminium. It is simply used and assumed to be "safe" What makes you assume that my approach is uncritical?

The reason for my starting this thread was to alert members to Gherardi's work. Macrophagic Myofascitis seems to me to be identical to classic ME, yet Gherardi can demonstrate a cause for this disease and it is clear from biopsy that there is an abnormal persistence of aluminium containing macrophages at the site which is generating chronic immune stimulation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4246686/
Clinical Features in Patients with Long-Lasting Macrophagic Myofasciitis
In the current state of knowledge, it can be assumed that the presence of lesions MMF has no formal pathological significance if the biopsy was performed within one year after vaccination (provided that the biopsied muscle is the actual site of vaccine injection). If the delay is superior to 2 years, the presence of MMF lesions can be considered pathological. If one considers that the detection of MMF lesion is purely fortuitous phenomenon, the probability to find this lesion would be higher as the date of biopsy would be close to the date of vaccination. Examination of the distribution histograms of vaccination-biopsy delays goes against this hypothesis (Figure (Figure1).1). The median delay elapsed between last vaccination and biopsy was found at 53 months (12) and the distribution profile shows a peak between 4 and 5 years after vaccination, in complete opposition to the model of “the tail of the normal distribution” (9)

I have had ME for thirty years and in that time it seems to me that itr has become more prevalent in the population and has affected a younger age group. It seems to me that the cause must be environmental, in the sense that it is something we are doing. I also worked for many years for an ME charity and recognised that many of the people I spoke to had become ill following Hepatitis B vaccination. Charles Shepherd was concerned about the problem and it was recognised then that ME can follow vaccination, especially with Hep. B

Chris Exley is a professor in bioinorganic chemistry at Keele University and I am prepared to treat his opinions with respect. I do recognise, as he does that he has been the target of criticism because his concerns about human exposure to aluminium have made him unpopular with the aluminium industry.
In Britain, we still have aluminium in our antiperspirants. I wish our governments exercised the precautionary principle before exposing large numbers of us to new and untested agents.

Last edited:

adreno

PR activist
Rheumatol Int. 2015 Jan;35(1):189-92.

Macrophagic myofasciitis and vaccination: consequence or coincidence?

Santiago T1, Rebelo O, Negrão L, Matos A.

Abstract

Macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF) characterized by specific muscle lesions assessing long-term persistence of aluminum hydroxide within macrophages at the site of previous immunization has been reported with increasing frequency in the past 10 years. We describe clinical and laboratory findings in patients with MMF. We did a retrospective analysis of 16 cases observed in our Neuropathology Laboratory, between January 2000 and July 2013. The mean age of the 16 patients was 48.8 ± 18.0 years; 80.0 % were female. Chronic fatigue syndrome was found in 8 of 16 patients. Half of the patients had elevated creatinine kinase levels, and 25.0 % had a myopathic electromyogram. Thirteen patients received intramuscular administration of aluminum-containing vaccine prior to the onset of symptoms.MMF may mirror a distinctive pattern of an inflammatory myopathy. The vaccines containing this adjuvant may trigger MMF in some patients.

PMID:24923906

adreno

PR activist
I also worked for many years for an ME charity and recognised that many of the people I spoke to had become ill following Hepatitis B vaccination. Charles Shepherd was concerned about the problem and it was recognised then that ME can follow vaccination, especially with Hep. B
One question that emerges is why specifically Hep B vaccines, if the aluminum adjuvants are the problem? Does this type of vaccine contain unusual amounts of aluminum?

currer

Biopersistence and brain translocation of aluminum adjuvants of vaccines
Particulate aluminum salts (known as alum) have been the main approved adjuvants for use in human vaccines for more than 80 years (6). They are currently used in vaccines against tetanus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, human papillomavirus, haemophilus influenzae B, pneumococcal and meningococcal infections, and anthrax. They mainly include aluminum oxyhydroxide, a crystalline compound, aluminum hydroxyphosphate, and amorphous aluminum phosphate. Alum is able to adsorb vaccine antigens on its surface.
http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fneur.2015.00004/full

Violeta

@currer, so the viral antigen is carried on the aluminum, do I have that right? Do you know if when the aluminum comes out, is the antigen still attached to it? I have never had any of the vaccines mentioned, has it ever been in the common childhood diseases vaccines?

currer

I am sorry but I cannot help you very much,Violetta. I wish I could.

I think aluminium is used in most vaccines, but I am not the expert.

I posted the links at the beginning of this thread to alert all our members to this issue as I believe that this is pertinent to our ill-health.
Please read the papers I have put on this thread and listen to the talks and come to your own conclusions.

From what I have read, aluminium is a potent imune activator and it generates a TH2 response from the immune system, that is an auto -immune type response. Women are especially prone to auto-immunity because oestrogen pushes the immune system in a TH2 direction. Any disease that has a 70/30 % ratio in favour of women is likely to be auto-immune, and ME/CFS has that ratio. It is possible that the widespread use of aluminium in the modern world and our exposure to it, is creating more of the auto-immune type of illness in which case ME would be only one of many diseases that are becoming more prevalent, and are environmental in nature. Remember we live in an artificial human created environment now, there is not much that is natural about our food, air or clothing.

If you want to find out more the talks by Chris Exley are very informative and not difficult to understand.

Violeta

Yes, I listened to one of his videos yesterday and will keep looking at his information, thanks. I guess he doesn't address the antigen issue. I have no problem with the idea that there is most likely excess aluminum in most of us. Our family did not use aluminum cook ware, and we never ate TV dinners and did not use aluminum foil. We always ate home cooked meals made from real food. We didn't even drink canned soda. But I'm not saying I don't have dangerous aluminum stores in my body, and I'm wondering now if childhood vaccinations or braces contained aluminum.

You might find this interesting. Homeopathic silica lists as being deficient setting one up for a bad reaction to vaccinations.
http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/s/sil.htm

Also, if you read at facebook I could show you a group where a day or two ago people were talking about coming down with their autoimmune disease after a vaccination.

I would think if aluminum is used in vaccinations because it's a good carrier of antigens that if you have deposits in your brain viruses might naturally be attracted to it. Just thinking, because the disease that I'm thinking of involves a metal and a pathogen. Most autoimmune diseases do, it seems, anyway.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Why? There is no connection between aluminium in deodorants and breast cancer. They just have to pander to the irresponsible hysteria created by Exley if they want to carry on selling deodorants.

So it's his job to explain them. Correlation is not causation. If all he has is correlation he shouldn't procede on the basis that he has established causation. That's what he did with deodorants, it was irresponsible.

Please read other opinions on the dangers or otherwise of aluminium and form a balanced view, instead of uncritically accepting and preaching Mr Exley.

I really don't know what damage might be done by aluminum in vaccines (my children were vaccinated) but as regards aluminum poisoning there is the Aluminum spill into the drinking water in Camelford UK:
Discussed here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ies-act-as-an-antigen-and-make-us-sick.15021/

currer

To continue with some information about aluminium in these paediatric vaccines.
I found this information in the quotes from the same NYA article
http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2015/jul/09/african-american-autism-and-vaccines/

So how much aluminum is in the vaccines that are routinely given to children?

Hib (PedVaxHib brand only) – 225 mcg per shot
Hepatitis B – 250 mcg
DTaP – depending on the manufacturer, ranges from 170 to 625 mcg
Pneumococcus – 125 mcg
Hepatitis A – 250 mcg
HPV – 225 mcg
Pentacel (DTaP, HIB and Polio combo vaccine) – 330 mcg
Pediarix (DTaP, Hep B and Polio combo vaccine) – 850 mcg

At birth, most children are given the hepatitis B vaccination. The amount of aluminum in the Hepatitis B vaccine alone is almost 14 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF ALUMINUM THAT IS FDA-APPROVED.

At well-child check-ups, it’s common for 2 month, 4 month, 6 month etc., appointments to include up to 8 vaccinations that add up to more than 1,000 mcg of aluminum.

currer

The FDA maximum requirements for aluminum received in an IV is 25 mcg per day. The suggested aluminum per kg of weight to give to a person is up to 5mcg. (so a 5 pounds baby should get no more than 11mcg of aluminum.) Anything that has more than 25 mcg of aluminum is *supposed* to have a label that says:

WARNING: This product contains aluminum that may be toxic. Aluminum may reach toxic levels with prolonged parenteral administration if kidney function is impaired. Premature neonates are particularly at risk because their kidneys are immature, and they require large amounts of calcium and phosphate solutions, which contain aluminum.

Research indicates that patients with impaired kidney function, including premature neonates, who receive parenteral levels of aluminum at greater than 4 to 5 [micro]g/kg/day accumulate aluminum at levels associated with central nervous system and bone toxicity. Tissue loading may occur at even lower rates of administration. [http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/.../cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm...]

— Vaccines, for some reason, are not required to have this label and also are not required to follow the maximum dosage of 25 mcg.

So doing some math — the following are examples of weight with their corresponding maximum levels of aluminum, per the FDA:

8 pound, healthy baby: 18.16 mcg of aluminum

15 pound, healthy baby: 34.05 mcg of aluminum

30 pound, healthy toddler: 68.1 mcg of aluminum

50 pound, healthy child: 113 mcg of aluminum

150 pound adult: 340.5 mcg of aluminum

350 pound adult: 794.5 mcg of aluminum

http://amsterdamnews.com/news/2015/jul/09/african-american-autism-and-vaccines/?page=2

(This information was posted in the comments page )

u&iraok

Has this study been posted, showing how aluminum from vaccines travels to brain and other organs. Could a compromised blood-brain barrier be part of the problem? How about too many vaccines? How long does aluminum stay in these organs? Is it ever removed? Could we already have a load of aluminum and then a Hep or flu or other vaccine as an adult increase the load too much? And combined with other problems? Weak blood brain barrier leading to autoimmune issues via brain inflammation? How is it all connected? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3616851/

"Intramuscular injection of alum-containing vaccine was associated with the appearance of aluminum deposits in distant organs, such as spleen and brain where they were still detected one year after injection. Both fluorescent materials injected into muscle translocated to draining lymph nodes (DLNs) and thereafter were detected associated with phagocytes in blood and spleen. Particles linearly accumulated in the brain up to the six-month endpoint; they were first found in perivascular CD11b+ cells and then in microglia and other neural cells. DLN ablation dramatically reduced the biodistribution. Cerebral translocation was not observed after direct intravenous injection, but significantly increased in mice with chronically altered blood-brain-barrier."

"Nanomaterials can be transported by monocyte-lineage cells to DLNs, blood and spleen, and, similarly to HIV, may use CCL2-dependent mechanisms to penetrate the brain. This occurs at a very low rate in normal conditions explaining good overall tolerance of alum despite its strong neurotoxic potential. However, continuously escalating doses of this poorly biodegradable adjuvant in the population may become insidiously unsafe, especially in the case of overimmunization or immature/altered blood brain barrier or high constitutive CCL-2 production."

Violeta

Has this study been posted, showing how aluminum from vaccines travels to brain and other organs. Could a compromised blood-brain barrier be part of the problem? How about too many vaccines? How long does aluminum stay in these organs? Is it ever removed? Could we already have a load of aluminum and then a Hep or flu or other vaccine as an adult increase the load too much? And combined with other problems? Weak blood brain barrier leading to autoimmune issues via brain inflammation? How is it all connected? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3616851/

"Intramuscular injection of alum-containing vaccine was associated with the appearance of aluminum deposits in distant organs, such as spleen and brain where they were still detected one year after injection. Both fluorescent materials injected into muscle translocated to draining lymph nodes (DLNs) and thereafter were detected associated with phagocytes in blood and spleen. Particles linearly accumulated in the brain up to the six-month endpoint; they were first found in perivascular CD11b+ cells and then in microglia and other neural cells. DLN ablation dramatically reduced the biodistribution. Cerebral translocation was not observed after direct intravenous injection, but significantly increased in mice with chronically altered blood-brain-barrier."

"Nanomaterials can be transported by monocyte-lineage cells to DLNs, blood and spleen, and, similarly to HIV, may use CCL2-dependent mechanisms to penetrate the brain. This occurs at a very low rate in normal conditions explaining good overall tolerance of alum despite its strong neurotoxic potential. However, continuously escalating doses of this poorly biodegradable adjuvant in the population may become insidiously unsafe, especially in the case of overimmunization or immature/altered blood brain barrier or high constitutive CCL-2 production."

This vaccine surely does cause injury.
http://www.gardasilsyndrome.com/

It causes symptoms very much like thiamine deficiency, but also causes sensitivity to taking thiamine.
https://www.hormonesmatter.com/post-gardasil-thiamine-deficiency-pots-mothers-quest-answers/

I am also considering that aldehydes cause fatty liver another important aspect because the thiamine deficiency may be in part caused by inability to process thiamin when liver is messed up.

So the candida produces ethanol>>>aldehydes>>>
alcohol, thiamine deficiency
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh27-2/134-142.htm

Thiamine, Linus Pauling
http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/thiamin

bad reaction to taking thiamine after vaccine induced thiamine deficiency
https://www.hormonesmatter.com/five-years-gardasil-nursing-mitochondria/4/

aldehydes/candida/B1 deficiency
http://intelegen.com/nutrients/prevent_the_damaging_effects_of_.htm

Last edited:

xrayspex

Violeta have you found any information on how to get the thiamine you need if have trouble processing it?

Violeta

Violeta have you found any information on how to get the thiamine you need if have trouble processing it?

I still don't take it, but I added something into my diet that contains some, which seemed to help. One of those foods is oats, which used to bother me. My bottle of benfotiamine was way past expiration so I threw it out; I wish I would have kept it just to see if it still bothers me.

I started taking biotin a couple of months ago, which might be helping the problem, not sure.

xrayspex

I still don't take it, but I added something into my diet that contains some, which seemed to help. One of those foods is oats, which used to bother me. My bottle of benfotiamine was way past expiration so I threw it out; I wish I would have kept it just to see if it still bothers me.

I started taking biotin a couple of months ago, which might be helping the problem, not sure.
I have been taking the biotin from Vitamin Shoppe that is candy chew form, mostly because i Like the texture hah it doesnt seem to hurt, I dont think, which for me is unusual as so many supps do, but can't tell if it really helps either

I can have oats now and then sometimes, but if have couple days in a row I get bad pain attack---I get flares sometimes of burn pain in spine, teeth, feet, sometimes eyes---I used to just get pain in neck from an injury I'd had and still get that but this other weird chorus of body parts that hurt in unison when have wrong chemicals aboard is confounding and seemed to start in last 4 years or so---not sure if its just autoimmune that evolved or what

Violeta

Oats used to bother me, too. I can't remember for sure, but even just one serving would bother me. I don't know why they aren't bothering me right now, unless they are and I don't know it. It's not as if I'm feeling great. I got bit again by a tick about two weeks ago and symptoms are coming and going.

Bartonella is usually the Lyme coinfection that causes burning. See if you have any other symptoms of Bartonella on this comparison chart.

http://www.lyme-symptoms.com/LymeCoinfectionChart.html

But if the pain is more from various food chemicals, are there any other foods that cause it? I had a lot of various joint pains for a couple years and they all were in the category of foods that are contraindicated when one has gout, oats being one of them, and so is cauliflower believe it or not.

Last edited: