• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this "real" EDTA

cigana

Hi,
I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me whether or not you need a prescription to obtain EDTA. I have found this product:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chelation-C...1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1402081844&sr=1-1
which is described as:
Composition of HM-Chelat in 100ml distilled water)- Citric Acid - 3 mg , Sodium bicarbonate - 3 mg, Sodiumedetate - 2 mg, Sodium in Sodium Chloride - 0.5 mg, Calcium in Calcium Chloride - 0.5 mg, Stabilized Oxygen Electrolytes, Distilled Water. Contains a complex forming agent (DicalciumEDTA) and stabilized oxygen electrolytes.
But I am unsure if it's "the real deal"...
Thanks.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Be Interested how you get on if you do decide to get it. Have you got any amalgam fillings in?

cigana

Be Interested how you get on if you do decide to get it. Have you got any amalgam fillings in?
ha I already got it. No amalgams. I drank half a bottle of this stuff in one day and feel fine.

xks201

It's real edta started in pill form. Imo the doses aren't high enough in these oral products though. I m pretty sure when edta started in pill form and worked they used higher doses.