1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is this post exercise malaise?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Lyra, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Do those help with keeping exacerbation of CFS symptoms as part of PEM at bay too, or did it only help with muscle issues, etc? If it helps with preventing PEM in general I would be very interested in trying it. I do have OI too.
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I am still learning about when to increase salt and how to take the meds. But example, I can do like a supermarket trip when before I couldn't. I have not gone paralyzed (bad crash) since I have been on it. It mainly helps to be vertical, also with that muscle fatigue feeling I get in legs like when I go up a flight of stairs (Now I can go up and not think about it).

I don't get sick easily at small exertion so it allows me to do much more. I still cannot run, I avoid bending over and like cleaning a house. Everything else I do. Is hard to explain, I still have CFS but before I had to calculate every little step. Example if I needed to go upstairs is like "OH God I have to go up" and it was like a project. Now is like oh I need this from upstairs and I just go get it. Is like normal things are more mechanical instead of a big deal. Not sure if it make sense.
  3. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Thanks Inester. Has it helped to just prevent muscle fatigue or also prevents viral PEM symptoms? I am in a crash with viral type symptoms now, which is why I asked. If meds could help prevent that it would be great.

See more popular forum discussions.