• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IS this PEM

Mezzanin

Still not sure whether I have CFS so two days ago I went for two long walks. One was an hour long the other 40 minutes, was up about 15 hours altogether.
Didn't sleep well that night at all but ok ish the next day. Walked again the same durations.
Slept really badly that night. The next day was ok until one o'clock pm then felt tired. By six pm my triceps, biceps, and thighs ached and I had the beginning of a headache.
Had a bath plus two OTC painkillers. Symptoms reduced massively.
Slept badly last night but have no body aches this morning
Should add that I am wondering if I have gradual onset CFS and symptoms will get worse
Symtoms started in January and seem to be getting worse bit this could be because of lack of sleep.

caledonia

It's hard to say. What is your doc saying? Have you been to more than one doc? Have they eliminated everything that it could possibly be? Have you had a sleep study? Have you had a complete thyroid panel, not just TSH?

What kind of symptoms are you having?

Mezzanin

Can fall asleep easily but can't stay asleep. On a good run , I can sleep 4/5 hours straight, then wake up and sleep another hour. That's it. On a bad night, if I do a lot or am stressed not sure which, I still fall asleep easily but wake every couple of hours.
Other symptoms: burning feeling in soles of feet and hands, aches in ham strings, triceps, biceps, very mild headaches. Sometimes shoulder ache, jaw ache. Can walk in a straight line but feel unbalanced. Peeing loads, white tongue.
Don't have a sore throat or tender lymph nodes.
Been checked for menopause, thyroid, b12, diabetes etc.
Wrote about symptoms to Lapp and Enlander one thinks I have it the other not.
My doctors think I have chronic anxiety .
Have been feeling madly anxious especially in the morning but mainly due to worry I have cfs. And will end up bedridden. Does it have to get worse?