• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this neuropathy or some other bizarre ME thing.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Like I hinted before, I think that this is an electrolyte problem of some kind. Ca++, K+ ....something like that. I'll get a level done as well and see if I can get - what is it a RBC potassium level that's supposed to be more accurate? brad

I understand that RBC tests are more accurate than serum tests, perhaps notably for potassium which is liable to leak out of cells during the test and thus give an artefactually high reading.

stridor

Ca++ is calcium and K+ is potassium (but I suspect you googled them by now). 95% of potassium is inside of cells so checking what is inside red blood cells would likely be more accurate than what is floating around in serum. brad

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I didn't google, too tired. Thanks for the explanation.

Now this is very interesting.

@stridor I just realized that my back spasms are easing up. ALOT. I stopped the calcium I was taking and the oxymatrine so now to see how things are tomorrow and then add one at a time to figure it out. I just started the oxymatrine so if it's the Calcium I have you to thank!

Mew

I just looked and I started the MRM Bone Maximizer III exactly when this all started. So I might be able to go back on the Famvir if that is in fact it.

Last edited:

jann1033

I have that, but I have had pretty much every thing on the "list, " for MS except lesions. Mine is just like everything else, here today gone tomorrow (or next week month year). It feels like I have a way to tight waist band on. Usually at the same time I get electric like shooting pain up my spine and thru my.extremities. like all the neuro type stuff it comes after a flare so my best defense is jot overdoing so I don't flare. Nothing else has helped.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Oops. Sorry! For some reason it popped up in new posts.

It can often be useful to bump up old threads, and some people may not have yet resolved their problems or questions and are grateful for help. We can't know that someone may not want further replies unless they post a message to that effect.