• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this likely to be ME?

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
Yes, exactly. If pulse pressure is under 25 or so, most blood pressure monitors will give fairly frequent error messages because it's not picking up your heart beats regularly enough to make an accurate calculation. Under 20 or so I almost never get a reading, though I think I've managed to get one at 14 or 16.

As a frame of reference, a pulse pressure under 25 is considered to be an emergency when it happens due to blood loss :D

Usually our hearts do check out pretty normally. I have a funky TU wave or something, but that's more of an oddity than a problem. However, issues with heart rate and blood pressure can also be due to dysautonomia, where our nervous system/brain react improperly to changes in position and other stimuli.

I see :)

Marky90

Went to have dinner feeling a bit wired and had some nasty surges of adrenaline while talking to my friends. Like so bad you want to leave and change head posture. No idea what its about

Helen

Hi Helen! Yeah im going to check that out! Especially after reading all the heart-stuff on the internett :p Do you think the b12 on the low side together with heightened P-homocysteine would be an argument for trying b12 injections?
Yes, definitely.
i started having muscle fasciculations and a irritable bowel.
These symptoms might well be from a B12 deficiency too.

Last edited:

Valentijn

Went to have dinner feeling a bit wired and had some nasty surges of adrenaline while talking to my friends. Like so bad you want to leave and change head posture. No idea what its about
Did the wanting to leave start after you began eating? The process of digestion can aggravate OI problems, since it temporarily redirects blood to the GI tract. Bigger meals create a bigger problem.

Marky90

Did the wanting to leave start after you began eating? The process of digestion can aggravate OI problems, since it temporarily redirects blood to the GI tract. Bigger meals create a bigger problem.

No it was more a case of it being "in the air" if you like. When i first got ill i had a lot of anxiety issues as the main symptom. Now, sometimes after e.g. working i feel really "wired" and edgy mentally, and when i go into a dining hall with a lot of people and conversations, i sometimes get these surges of andrenaline. Its like the consciousness gets a needle in the ass multiple times :p My neck is really stiff and might contribute..

Marky90

So i got back som immunlogical tests i did. I had borderline IGM and a IG2 deficiency. I couldnt really find any info on this online other than that IG2 deficiencies are linked to capsulated bacteria or something. Anyone else got low levels?

Marky90

Got back some bloodwork. Red blood cell count, albumin and homocystein have all returned to normal values :) The homocysteine levels have actually gone from 18.5 to 8.6. Which is a huge drop ( ive had a b12 injection the week before). Im feeling better so i suspect some causality. I tested for adrenaline products, taken after a poor mans tilt test, which was negative.

Dolphin

I suggested the tilt table because there are several varieties of OI and simple blood pressure measurements in different positions may not be enough to diagnose it. (Of course, if changes show up, then you don't need a tilt table.) Also, a tilt table requires that one relax in a certain way which increases the chances of detecting changes; by simply standing, you are effectively using your leg muscles and that in itself may give a false reading. Finally, some varieties of OI require a tilt table test for more than 30 minutes so it's not just immediate drops on blood pressure or changes in heart rate. If you read the OI link, it talks about these issues somewhat. The hard part of getting a tilt table is finding a doctor who will do it properly -- you want a cardiologist of neurologist with experience/ interest in autonomic disorders, not just any doc. It's worth ruling out because, even if it turns out that OI is not your primary health issues, as many as 60%-80% of ME/CFS patients have this as a secondary issue. The 80% figure comes from a study where ALL patients were tested with tilt table even if they did not think they had symptoms like fainting or near-fainting:

http://drlapp.com/wp-content/uploads/TTT_symptoms.pdf

These authors argue that ALL ME/CFS patients be screened with a tilt table and I agree with them.
Do you or anyone know whether that study was published somewhere or presented at a conference, etc?