• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this a reputable pharmacy? top-rx-pharmacy.com? UNITED PHARMACY LCC

Ok I have decided I want to try and go to social event tomorrow if I mange to get sleep tonight.

@Hip can you take N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and choline together? If so how much do you think I should take? I weigh 115llbs. Also can you take on an empty stomach and how long does it take to work?

I do have some Diazepam but it ends up making me feel tired so want to try without if I can.

It's a daytime event. Is there anything else I could add in?

Thank you

Hip

@Hip can you take N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and choline together? If so how much do you think I should take?

Do you mean N-acetyl-glucosamine (NAG) rather than N-acetyl L-tyrosine?

I should think the supplements NAG and choline will fine taken together. I take them both every day. I take NAG for generalized anxiety disorder, and choline for social anxiety.

Maybe start at 700 mg of NAG, once or twice a day and if that is OK, you can consider higher doses if you like. I just take 700 mg once a day. Choline bitartrate doses are around 500 to 1000 mg daily. Too high a dose of choline I find creates some mild muscle stiffness and tension.

N-acetyl L-tyrosine is used to boost dopamine production, at doses of 300 mg or more.

I've got the NAG which I have been taking at 700mg but also the N-acetyl L-tyrosine because I had read somewhere about it being good for anxiety. I'll give it a go.

Rvanson

Some time ago I saw this website where apparently you can buy amineptine (Survector), though I have not bought any. Not sure if it is reliable.

A chemically related drug is tianeptine (Stablon), which you can buy as a drug, or as a supplement (cheaper this way). Stablon increases dopamine in the reward center of the brain. But Stablon can be addictive, and I read can have major withdrawal symptoms.

I tried Stablon quite a few years ago. I didnt feel that it helped at all. In fact it seemed to make anxiety worse. I had no trouble on discontinuation. Would have loved to have tried Survector, but I dont think its available at all.

Rvanson

A similar drug to deprenyl is moclobemide, which is an MAO-A inhibitor rather than a MAO-B inhibitor like deprenyl. But it works the same way, in preventing the breakdown of dopamine in the brain, thereby increasing the levels of dopamine.

I don't have much experience with moclobemide, so I can't really comment about it.

I used Moclobemide around 2000-2002 for over a year. It was only fair as an anti-depressant, but better it
made my CFS much better, in that I felt I had double or triple my strength and endurance, as I was working
at the time. Unfortunately the downside was that it caused insomnia, which even my Xanax couldn't relieve.

Deprenyl
was a good anti-depressant, but It converts to an amphetamine-like substance in the urine. As I
was a Driver at the time it showed a "positive" for amphetamine, even though it did not make me feel like I
was high or wired in any way, so I had to stop using it. This was before it was approved by the FDA in a
patch for depression. I was using 10-15 mg tablets which I purchased from one of the longevity sites.

Rvanson

I should note that the Deprenyl patch proved to be useless for me. If one is going to use Deprenyl, one should use the oral form, which I intend to to, now that I no longer work due to my CFSME. I will use a low dose, as I dont want any life span increasing effects, not with living with CFS/ME I don't, but for the anti-depressant and anti- Parkinson's effects. The oral Deprenyl is fairly cheap too. These new patches are less then worthless, but make BIG PHARMA lots of $$$!.

Here is an interesting article about Deprenyl (Selegiline) that I found to very informative :

http://www.benbest.com/lifeext/deprenyl.html

Well another update!

Took the full dose of the so called Adderall 30mg for full 3 days, I did this because I knew I was going to use the urine test strips which came yesterday. I've tested this morning and not surprisingly the test was negative so no amphetamine in it at all! I am not surprised but actually getting proof of it makes me so angry.

I have emailed them again and they say they have issued a refund but as yet nothing has appeared in my bank account. I will wait till I get the refund and then I intend to do whatever I can to get them closed down. I am so angry, I know some people use these drugs for the wrong reasons but some people like myself are vulnerable and want to use them for disabling conditions and are trying there best in what sometimes seems hopeless circumstances. I am fuming.

@Hip in one of these posts you mentioned Ritalin have you ever tried that? If so does it work like the Adderall and do you know if you can purchase if online anywhere?

There is just no escape to this social phobia/anxiety.

I am feeling so fed up today and extremely exhausted.

Sorry for the moan.

And remember not to buy anything from top-rx-pharmacy. The other thing I have noted is in one of there email they call themselves United Pharmacy, I have bought a lot from united pharmacies and they have been brilliant, never any problems. So I think I will let united pharmacies know that this is what they are also calling themselves. They also go by the name of my24health.com so I hope this might be of use to someone else.

Happy Sunday

Hip

@Mush
If www.top-rx-pharmacy.com don't give you a refund after sending you fake drugs, then if you paid by credit card, you can contact your card company and get them to refund you, telling them that you were supplied fake drugs. I have done this several times with various things I bought online: when there was a problem (like goods not arriving) and the people I bought the item from did not sort out the issue, I just told my credit card company, and they removed the transaction from my credit card statement, so I did not have to pay.

That is the advantage in paying by credit card: you have a lot of consumer protection.

I think you will find it difficult to find Ritalin for sale online, because like Adderall, it is another controlled drug. I wanted to try Ritalin myself, but I understand that in the UK, doctors generally refuse to prescribe these ADHD drugs to adults, so I did not even bother asking my doctor about it.

Thanks @Hip . Unfortunately they wouldn't take MasterCard! So I paid with my bank card, not sure if they will cover it or not. I'll give them the 5 days they have said it will take and then see what I can do.

Thank you

Hip

I don't know if this of any help, @Mush, but on the www.pharmacy-reviewer.com forum, which is focused on online pharmacies, they have a senior area where they list and discuss pharmacies that sell drugs like Adderall and Ritalin, and opioid pain medications.

Unfortunately you cannot get into the senior area until you have made 60 post on that forum, which I have not been able to do. But if you have the patience to make 60 posts, you should be able to get access to their list of pharmacies. More info here: New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

www.pharmacyreviewer.com does have a public list of the names of their list of pharmacies that sell controlled drugs, which you can see here, but that list was lasted updated in 2013, and does not give the web addresses.

Though you can find the web address of these pharmacies in the list just by Google searching on the pharmacy name. In most cases, the pharmacy web address can be found just by adding .com or .net to the name.

If you do this, you will find that quite a few have already closed down, since that list was put up in 2013. Presumably the senior area has a more up to date list of pharmacies. Again, if you have the patience to find the web address of the pharmacies that are still up and running, you might find one that sells Adderall or Ritalin. The pharmacy may not list these drugs on their website, so you may have to email them and ask.

www.pharmacy-reviewer.com do have a public section of their forum on ADHD drugs like Adderall and Ritalin here.

Last edited:
@Hip that is so kind of you.

I was going to post later on tonight - unbelievably I have been refunded my money!

I will take a look at the links you have provided. Funnily I had an email appear this morning from a pharmacy called:
http://pharmacyonline365.com/ they actually sell Adderall but I wonder if it is just the same company? I am not sure if I trust any of them now?

I saw my social worker yesterday and have given her a letter to pass on to my psychiatrist requesting again if he would consider prescribing either Adderall or Ritalin, you never know!

Thanks once again

Hip

You can check out a pharmacy using Webutations, ScamAdviser and Scamner Check.

These can give you info about how long the web address has been online. In this case it it 4 years, so that's a reasonable amount of time (scammer sites are often only around for a year or so), but no guarantees.

You can also perform a Google search for any scam stories, by putting the pharmacy URL into the search box, along with the following string of text: review | scam | fake | counterfeit | fraud | fraudulent | rip-off | not-received | not-delivered

Hip

@Mush
I have been looking at what can be done in cases of treatment-resistant depression, and I found a couple of options:

Folate supplements: this study found that quite a few patients with treatment-resistant depression had low levels of the B-vitamin folate. When these patients were given folinic acid supplements, their depression improved (folinic acid is an active form of folate, which can be more effective that the standard folic acid form of folate).

Reboxetine (Edronax): this study found this drug effective for treatment-resistant depression. Reboxetine is an NRI (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor) drug, which is similar to the NDRI (norepinephrine–dopamine reuptake inhibitor) drugs like Ritalin, Adderall and Wellbutrin. It is available at goldpharma.com and brandmedicines.com.

There are some recent forum posts about reboxetine here and here.

Last edited:
Hi @Hip thank you so much I will have a read of them later.

It's funny you have sent them today I was just thinking of you yesterday when I was reading this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37166293

It goes with everything you have said about turmeric/curcumin etc....

I really have noticed an improvement in my depressive symptoms and also my pain isn't as bad as usual and I think that is down to the curcumin. Not quite sure about the anxiety but to not be as black is great.

Hope you are well

Thanks again

Hip

It's funny you have sent them today I was just thinking of you yesterday when I was reading this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37166293

It goes with everything you have said about turmeric/curcumin etc....

Yes, I saw that too. When I started taking these anti-brain inflammation supplements for anxiety, I noticed that my anhedonia symptoms also improved. Anhedonia is often found in depression; anhedonia is where you no longer feel the sense of reward or pleasure from life's daily normally enjoyable activities (because the reward circuits in your brain are not functioning properly).

I found that as I started taking these anti-neuroinflammation supplements like NAG, turmeric,etc, my anxiety improved immediately (within hours); but then over some months my anhedonia (which was severe) also started to improve.

Not everyone with depression suffers from anhedonia, but it is a horrible condition, and usually triggers lots of suicidal ideation, which I had a lot of. But now my anhedonia is much less severe. I still get often get all the other symptoms of depression, though.

At the moment I am focusing more on trying to fix my depression, which like yours I think is what is called treatment-resistant depression, or treatment-refractory depression. If you Google search on these two terms, it picks up some interesting articles and studies.

I am trying to find some underlying reason for why my depression is treatment-resistant. After reading that study I posted above on using folinic acid for treatment-resistant depression, I took 400 mcg of folinic acid plus 1000 mcg of methylfolate yesterday; and so far today, my mood is noticeably better than it was yesterday.

There is an article here on folate for treatment-resistant depression: L-Methylfolate: A Promising Therapy for Treatment-Resistant Depression?

Methylfolate and folinic acid are available as supplements; they are active forms of folate.

But I also took amantadine 25 mg yesterday as well, which I have used before. This I find often improves my mood within hours. Amantadine has been found helpful for treatment-resistant depression, and low dose (but not high dose) amantadine also helps ME/CFS symptoms. Have you tried amantadine?

Ketamine is supposed to be pretty effective drug for treatment-resistant depression, but is hard to get a prescription for it: Ketamine hailed as the 'next big thing to treat depression in psychiatry' | Daily Mail Online

In the UK, ReDKITE is trialling ketamine as a depression treatment, and say they would like to hear from patients. I was thinking of registering my details with them.

Last edited:
All interesting reading.

I have never heard of or tried the Amantadine. What do you think @Hip gave you the improvement yesterday?

I will order the methylfolate and folinic acid, it's worth a try. I think my plan is to try and go as natural as possible now with my medication. I have had such a bad time coming off antidepressant that I don't want to really go through it all again.

You are right about the Anhedonia it is awful. I also have lost the ability to cry and feel grief, some might think that's a good thing but it isn't! I thought because of going through trauma I had just lost the ability to feel, it is like something has just shut down inside me. But reading this gives me hope.

Thanks again

Hip

I have never heard of or tried the Amantadine. What do you think @Hip gave you the improvement yesterday?

For the next few days I am going to take the methylfolate and folinic acid alone, without the amantadine, and see if they work on their own to keep depression at bay.

I will order the methylfolate and folinic acid, it's worth a try.

You can probably just use one or the other, because they are very similar supplements. I just happened to have both in my draw from previous experiments. Did I mention that www.healthmonthly.co.uk are a very cheap place to buy supplements in the UK and Europe?

I think my plan is to try and go as natural as possible now with my medication. I have had such a bad time coming off antidepressant that I don't want to really go through it all again.

That's what I usually try to do wherever possible.

I tend to go more by feel than anything else. For example, if I take a drug, and it feels natural, has no side effects, and does not cause any long term withdrawal symptoms, then I tend regard that drug as benign and harmonizing with my metabolism. I am really quite wary though of any drug or supplement that causes addiction / withdrawal symptoms.

You are right about the Anhedonia it is awful. I also have lost the ability to cry and feel grief, some might think that's a good thing but it isn't! I thought because of going through trauma I had just lost the ability to feel, it is like something has just shut down inside me. But reading this gives me hope.

I am exactly the same.

The lack of emotional response is called blunted affect, which often comes alongside anhedonia. Blunted affect is slightly different to anhedonia; though both anhedonia and blunted affect seem to dovetail into each other.

Anhedonia is more about not feeling reward or enjoyment from doing normally enjoyable activities, whereas blunted affect is the lack of emotional responses.

I wrote a description about the differences between anhedonia and blunted affect here, along with a list of supplements that I found give some temporary relief from these conditions.

But as I mentioned, my anhedonia seemed to generally improve quite a bit after taking supplements that reduce brain inflammation.

I am glad you started this thread, because it's nice to share ideas and experiences. I have decided to focus more on trying to fix my depression lately. I spent many years struggling with trying to improve my ME/CFS symptoms and my severe anxiety symptoms, and succeeded a bit, especially with anxiety; but now I really want to try to sort out the depression.

Hi Guys, nice info there. I like to include some my self about Adderall and other drugs effect. Please make sure you have all the facts before using any of these medicine. Adderall could be asort ofstreet drug, wrongfullyemployed in a restrictedvarietyof nations, primarily the u. s. and North American nation, for the treatment of Attention deficit disorder disorder (ADHD), hypersomnia and Depression.

It is obtainable in a pair of forms: instant unharness and extended unharness. each forms area unitappropriate for the treatment for minimal brain dysfunction, howeversolelythe momentunharnesskind is approved to be usedwithin the treatment of hypersomnia. Adderall are oftenaddictive and dangerous to those that abuse it. once used for brief periods as prescribed by a MD, Adderall has the positive impact of counteracting symptoms of minimal brain dysfunction. This happens by Increasing the supply of bound neurotransmitters like catecholamine and Dopastatwithin the brain.

These brain chemicals area unitanswerable for boosting alertness, attention, and energy levels.Increasing the center rate and also the flow of blood to the muscles. As a results of this, the utilization of Adderall will cause feelings of energy and invigoration, like the high seasoned by cocain users. Even once taken as prescribed, Adderall will have many negative effects within theshort-runtogether withappetence suppression and unhealthy weight loss. You can get it from http://www.buyonlineadderall.com/ .

Irritability, hassle sleeping, Feelings of restlessness, probably dangerous viscusproblems. When misused, Adderall can cause feelings of boosted energy and intense invigoration--similar to the high experienced by cocaine users. Adderall can also create rewarding feelings of euphoria, which has led to it becoming popular as a recreational drug.

However, once the initial, positive effects have worn off, Adderall abuse can produce many unwanted symptoms including Fatigue, Feelings of depression and lethargy, Increased irritability and decreased ability to concentrate. Even in countries where Adderall is legally available by prescription, it is recognized as a drug with a high potential for abuse, and supplies of it are often limited. Additionally there are concerns regarding the prescription of Adderall to children. For example, in the UK, physicians are advised to Refrain from prescribing Adderall to children under 5 years old in any circumstances

The guidelines say to prescribe it to children over 5 only if no other viable options are available. In some countries, concerns over Adderall are so strong that it is banned completely, even for prescription use. Adderall's side effects vary widely, depending on the individual. The effects of Adderall on the body's heart rate can lead to cardiovascular problems, such as Disrupted heart rhythm, Increased blood pressure, Users might alsoexpertise loss of appetence, which mayresult indeficiency disease, excessive weight loss and connectedproblems. alternative potential aspect effects of Adderall embody, Headaches, condition of the mouth, issue sleeping.

Last edited: