• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this a reputable pharmacy? top-rx-pharmacy.com? UNITED PHARMACY LCC

TigerLilea

I have IBS, and when it is bad, my anxiety levels go up noticeably. This is expect is due to inflammation in the bowels triggering brain inflammation, which then causes anxiety. Probiotics and prebiotics I found helped improve bowel health, which in turn reduced anxiety. See this thread: The Wonders of Prebiotics

I also had a recurrent kidney / urinary tract infection, and again when this flared up, my fatigue, anxiety and depression symptoms would also get ramped up.
@Hip I was reading recently that it is a common complaint from people with IBS that they have anxiety problems. Also people who go through a bout of diarrhea can find that they suddenly develop anxiety afterwards. The thinking now is that it is the disruption of gut bacteria that causes the anxiety.

Hip

@Hip I was reading recently that it is a common complaint from people with IBS that they have anxiety problems. Also people who go through a bout of diarrhea can find that they suddenly develop anxiety afterwards. The thinking now is that it is the disruption of gut bacteria that causes the anxiety.

The gut bacteria are likely involved, but I think the main reason IBS or an intestinal infection causing diarrhea leads to anxiety or depression symptoms is because when the vagus nerve (which runs from gut to brain) senses inflammation within the gut, the nerve signals this to the brain, and the brain then responses by ramping up inflammation within the brain tissues.

So in this way, gut inflammation can trigger brain inflammation. This increase in brain inflammation can then lead to symptoms such as anxiety and depression.

There is a short article on how systemic inflammation (= inflammation in the body) can trigger brain inflammation, and then anxiety depression, etc, here:

The Impact of Systemic Inflammation on Brain Inflammation

Morning @TigerLilea thank you so much for going to the trouble of doing that. Unfortunately I had gone ahead and placed the order without actually realising I had fully completed the transaction (which sounds a bit dodgy in itself) .

I will have to wait and see what happens and keep a close eye on my bank account and put it down to experience!

Thank you

@Hip unfortunately United pharmacies are out of stock of Amisulpiride. Have tried placing order with inhouse pharmacy but they are saying they only accept American Express have emailed them. Was looking through your list and have tried drugs-mart???? They so far have not taken payment and said they will be in touch via email. Can you recommend anyone else to try?

All Day Chemist doesn't seem to stock it, I have used them before without any problem?

Thanks

Hip

Can you recommend anyone else to try?

You can try inhousepharmacy.vu, which is probably the most reliable and highest quality pharmacy out there:
Solian 100 (amisulpride 100mg) 30 Tablets/Pack (amisulpride 100mg)

Inhouse Pharmacy's prices include shipping, and they supply drugs that seem top quality.

There's also these guys (they are a sister company to United Pharmacies):
Amisulpride (Sulpitac) - 50mg (10 Tablets)

And this is another United Pharmacies sister company:
Sulpitac (Amisulpride) - 4NRX (UK)

I have just now been reading some bad reviews about www.topdrugmart.co (previously www.topdrugmart.com) here and here, which is a little concerning.

Good Morning. @Hip just thought I would give an update as to where I am at with medication.

I have placed order with inhouse pharmacy for Amisulpride and received tracking number. Also I am quite surprised to have received tracking number from top-rx! It is an EMS tracking number an currently in India!

My concern or question is how will I know if these drugs are genuine? I am not worried about inhouse pharmacy, they have a good reputation and I think I've used them before. But as for the other one I don't know. They made it clear on the order that it was generic Adderall but does anyone know how I will know if it's doing its job. What should I feel like? Anything to look out for?

I started your protocol of all the natural remedies a couple of days ago so fingers crossed that will work.

Thank you

Hip

My concern or question is how will I know if these drugs are genuine?

My understanding is that even fake drugs contain the real ingredient. So even if they were fake, which is probably unlikely, they would still work.

With Adderall, I guess you should notice a strong stimulant effect, so you should find you are mentally much more focused. But I have not had any experience of Adderall myself, so you might want to ask someone who has used it.

I know that for those with ADHD, paradoxically, Adderall will make them feel mentally calmer and more relaxed, rather than stimulated, which is quite amazing. But for everyone else, Adderall will stimulate.

Just another update.

My Amisulpride came yesterday from inhousepharmacy. Can not fault there service. Only ordered on the 24th July and arrived yesterday so less than a week to arrive here!

@Hip how does it make you feel and how long before you feel the benefits. I've cut them up into what will be about 12.5mg tablets. I took one yesterday about lunchtime and one this morning. I am so tired. Slept last night which is FANTASTIC but very unusual, but I've had to go and sleep again this afternoon feel really exhausted. Is this normal and could it be the tablet. I'll try switching to taking it at night. I think I was thinking I would take it during the day and it would be stimulating and give me more motivation but so far it is the opposite?

Thank you

Hip

@Mush
I take very low dose amisulpride 12.5 mg in the morning, when I wake up. I find its effects kick in within a couple of hours of taking it, and last for the whole day.

Strange that amisulpride makes you feel more tired. I find it reduces my ME/CFS fatigue a little bit, reduces my brain fog, reduces the ME/CFS sound sensitivity, and makes me a little more sociable, as well as a bit happier.

But anyway, if amisulpride is making you feel tired, perhaps you might try it at night before bed (say a hour or so before bed), and see how that goes.

Different people will often get different effects from the same drug. If amisulpride is making you feel tired, but is helping your insomnia, maybe this can be useful for your sleep. Maybe it might not work as an antidepressant for you, but might help with other things.

It's usually a case of doing a bit of experimentation with a drug, to find out how it works for you, and what benefits it might offer.

Last edited:
@Hip

Adderall (?) have arrived today. Not sure what to make of them as they have no marking on them whatsoever!?

I ordered 30mg strength so am going to half it and try tomorrow morning. Watch this space.

Hip

Adderall (?) have arrived today. Not sure what to make of them as they have no marking on them whatsoever!?

You mean that the pills do not come in the usual blister pack, with details printed on the silver paper side? How were the pills packaged when they arrived?

Here and here you can see pictures of what various Adderall pills look like (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine is the chemical name for Adderall).

I notice that for £2.40 you can buy an amphetamine home urine test kit, to see if someone has been taking amphetamines like Adderall. See here. I guess you could use that to provide some kind of verification whether your pills contain Adderall or amphetamine, but of course you'd probably need to take the drug first.

If you are going to try them, you might consider taking a small dose first (eg, a quarter or eighth of a tablet). I tend to do that with any new drug or supplement I take, in case there are any negative effects. Several medications I have tried in the past have worsened my depression, anxiety, or other symptoms. When that happens, you are better off if you took just a quarter / eighth of the dose, rather than the full dose that you intended to take.

I am very cautious with any new drugs or supplements I try, as it is really awful when something does worsen your depression or anxiety.

How is it going with the very low dose amisulpride, by the way?

@Hip they came in loose in a ziplock bag. They look a bit like this but a bit pinker:
pill11165-1.jpg

BUT without any writing on at all.

I will look at the urine test kit that's a good idea. I am getting a bit wary of taking them. I'll try a quarter tomorrow and see how it goes.

I am still not sure about the Amisulpride did try it at night but didn't help with sleep, tried it today in the morning and maybe a slight increase in energy levels so I am sticking with it but I am also taking all the other supplements so hopefully something will work. I have a social event coming up on Saturday and at the moment I want to go it's just whether anxiety, nerves and energy levels will let me.

Thank you

BUT without any writing on at all.
From what I see online, Adderall always has some writing on it. That plus the ziploc packaging strongly suggests you're getting a generic or something else entirely. And even the generics have writing on them, so if it is a generic, it's probably not a licensed one.

Hip

I am getting a bit wary of taking them.

I would be as well. It is possible that these are fake drugs, which may still contain the active ingredients, but are not made by a regular pharmaceutical manufacturer.

They may have placed them in a ziplock bag in order to get through customs.