New era for ME/CFS research as top cytokine study attracts media headlines
The immune systems of patients who have recently developed ME/CFS look markedly different from those who have been ill for much longer, according to a major new study from Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig at Columbia University. This shift in immune function hadn’t been seen before.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by tim0011, Mar 23, 2013.

1. heatherfeather7983

heatherfeather7983

I just tried the one from Spectrum Supplements and a box popped up that said: "Pteridin-4 (2.5mg) - 60 capsules (formerly BH4 - TetrahydroBiopterin) is not for sale" It is cheaper, but I'm not sure why they're not selling it right now.

2. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

Medford, OR
    They have been running out on and off lately, I think due to increased demand or perhaps less supply from the manufacturer, Ecological Formulas/Cardiovascular Research.

3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Can anyone tell me the best bh4 option that is currently available.

Thanks

4. Mimi

Mimi Senior Member

Medford, OR
    Funny you should ask. I'm about to place an order with Schircks Laboratories in Switzerland on behalf of a group of CFSers from BACFS. We're each pitching in at $200 for half a gram. It's a lot of money, but cheaper, more reliable, and fresher than the domestic brand. I find I need about 15 mg/day and more if I'm sick or particularly stressed, but I'm telling newbies to start low and go slow - maybe 5 mg or less if you have MCS. My MCS friend started at about a quarter of a miligram and worked up to 15 mg. She said it really helped her MCS and energy overall. Message me if you are interested in getting a share.

See more popular forum discussions.