• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

is there any medical basis to Freddd's protocol?

@pone - The rare SNP analysis download is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/analyzemygenes/ . It generates a list of your rarest 23andMe results (1% prevalence or less), which you can then look up online to see what genes they're on and if there's any interesting research regarding those SNPs.

On the "files" tab there's also the option to download a file which allows you to search for your SNPs with 10% prevalence or less, which can be nice if looking for homozygous results.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I realise that Rich wasn't a doctor either, so I would include him in this, even though he seemed to know a lot about the biochemistry of the body.
Rich was a real Doctor, the kind with a Doctorate (PhD) degree, not an ersatz MD 'doctor'. He probably knew more about the biochemistry of ME than most MDs. He applied his keen intellect to our illness to better effect than most MDs.