Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is there any active UK forum?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by RogerBlack, Oct 2, 2016.

1. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

The several forums I found googling seem to be mostly or entirely moribund. Has everyone moved here?

2. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    I guess they must have. I think you will find there are a lot of people here from the UK, and if you have any UK-specific questions about treatment options or whatever then you are sure to get a good response.

3. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

This is the only one I've found. Plenty of UK people on here, and I really like getting different perspectives from around the world and 'meeting' people from everywhere.

4. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    There are 3 UK ME forums that I know of, and actually I belong to all 3 and am a moderator of one (very inactive so it's hardly a problem but I used to help on there with benefits issues at one time). However I would agree that none are anywhere near as active as PR or as well informed in terms of research.

That said, I did used to find the other forums supportive and for some years I steered clear of PR for the reason that it scared me stiff as everyone on here seemed to be operating at such a high level scientifically and I didn't feel that I could compete. I do think that PR has become a bit more user friendly over the years though so I come on here a lot more often.

Artstu and trishrhymes like this.
  5. Jan

Jan Senior Member

Devon UK
    M
    Same as me, I feel a little intimidated by the IQ's and incredible amount of knowledge here, but they are a friendly bunch and we are all on the same side fighting a monumental battle. It's great to hear to hear the opinions and experiences of folk from other countries. I just wished my IQ hadn't fallen to the same level as my energy levels! It's taken me about 10mins to write this tiny paragraph :whistle::rofl:

Valentijn, Sushi and mermaid like this.
  6. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

I love the fact that there are intelligent and scientifically knowledgeable people here. And it's so friendly and supportive. Just wish I'd found it sooner.

7. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    I see you've just joined recently. Welcome! Although I'm from the US, I can assure you that there are many discussions here that are UK-specific. They relate to things like finding a good doctor, support group, the politics of medicine in the UK, the Department of Work and Pensions, the SMC, etc.

There are also a large number of members here from Australia, New Zealand, Canada and some from non-English countries such as France, Germany and Spain. So if you speak English, I think you've found a good place! And even if English is not your native language, you still might like the place.

8. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

It suddenly occurs to me that there are a lot of folks around here from south west UK... Cornwall, Devon, Dorset... what about Somerset?

Interesting... carry on folks!

starlighter, trishrhymes and Jan like this.
  9. starlighter

starlighter

UK
    Yes a few from the southwest. Posted on Foggy Friends (UK forum) we are meeting for lunch on Thursday in Somerset.
    If you would like to join us please message me for details :)

AndyPR likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.