1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is there a list of foods containing salicylates, benzoates, etc. for an exclusion diet?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by Sasha, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've recently discovered that the occasional eczema on my hands isn't related to soap - or just random - as I had thought, but is caused by what I'm eating.

I've already started a diet that excludes all grains, legumes, dairy, eggs, nightshades, coffee, tea, alcohol, and sugar.

Since then, I've identified cashews, egg whites and paprika as causing my eczema to flare up so I've excluded them.

However, it's still flaring up every few days. I need to be smart in how I track down the culprit but I'm new to looking into this food intolerance stuff.

I've just read that one way to approach this is by considering the chemicals in food, such as salicylates and benzoates, that are commonly associated with intolerance.

Is there a list somewhere or instructions as to how you do an exclusion diet for these things?

Or is there some blood test or something (preferably a well-established one that the NHS would recognise)?

Thanks! :)

2. aimossy

aimossy Senior Member

NZ
    Chemical sensitivity diet im looking at with dietician, she has these lists @Sasha she thinks I might need a combo of this diet and fodmaps. but having breath testing first and working on it slowly....:)

Sasha likes this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Bump! :)

See more popular forum discussions.