1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is there a lab which wants tissue samples from pt w M.E.?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by HowToEscape?, Dec 16, 2010.

1. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

I'm going in for a minor surgery (removing a lump) and recall that there was a lab or study which wanted tissue samples. Thought I saved the info, but can't find who/where that is.

Is there such a lab which wants samples as of now?
  2. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Hi Howto - Great idea.

Send an email directly to Judy Mikovits, or the WPI. I'm sure they will either want it themselves, or will know where you can send it. She will be especially interested if you tested positive for XMRV, or if not yet tested, perhaps she will run one for you in any case.

Failing that - try Dr Singh at Utah (who did the autopsy studies on the Macaque monkeys).
  3. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

I don't know about such labs, but I would propose this to Dr. Singh. She have done studies on XMRV in tissues, and she is currently studying XMRV in blood of patients with ME/CFS. She has the technology to find XMRV in tissues (I don't know if every time XMRV is there, but at least in some of those times).
  4. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    How about the CAA Biobank?

GG
  5. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

I think I wouldn't give it to them.
    It would be much much better to give it to Dr. Singh, the WPI, the Ruscettis etc.

See more popular forum discussions.