• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a HCI that does not contain Betaine?

Peyt

Hi,

I am allergic to Betaine, and would like to know if there are other forms of Hydrochloric Acid that is not combined with Betaine available in the market?
Thanks very much,

Martial

You can try digestive enzymes/bitters or Apple Cider Vinegar, there may be a few other options but can't recall at the moment.

invisiblejungle

I've tried looking for other forms too, but the only other option I know of is to use the actual liquid hydrochloric acid.

This is not something I've tried (since I don't trust myself in my current condition to handle strong chemicals) but someone in another health forum said that they actually put drops of hydrochloric acid in empty capsules and swallow then. They said it takes about 30 seconds before the acid starts eating through the capsule, so they have to quickly put the drops in, close the capsule, and swallow.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,

I am allergic to Betaine, and would like to know if there are other forms of Hydrochloric Acid that is not combined with Betaine available in the market?
Thanks very much,

There used to be a pure HCL liquid (no betaine) available from Allergy Research--I don't know if they still sell it as it was a couple of years ago when I ordered it.

Sushi