Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is there a HCI that does not contain Betaine?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Peyt, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,

I am allergic to Betaine, and would like to know if there are other forms of Hydrochloric Acid that is not combined with Betaine available in the market?
    Thanks very much,

2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    You can try digestive enzymes/bitters or Apple Cider Vinegar, there may be a few other options but can't recall at the moment.

3. invisiblejungle

invisiblejungle Senior Member

I've tried looking for other forms too, but the only other option I know of is to use the actual liquid hydrochloric acid.

This is not something I've tried (since I don't trust myself in my current condition to handle strong chemicals) but someone in another health forum said that they actually put drops of hydrochloric acid in empty capsules and swallow then. They said it takes about 30 seconds before the acid starts eating through the capsule, so they have to quickly put the drops in, close the capsule, and swallow.

Peyt likes this.
  4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    There used to be a pure HCL liquid (no betaine) available from Allergy Research--I don't know if they still sell it as it was a couple of years ago when I ordered it.

Sushi

5. Mels

Mels

Oxfordshire, UK

See more popular forum discussions.