The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is the Mendus Mitoq Study a New Way to get More Research?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Jenny TipsforME, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Jenny TipsforME

Jenny TipsforME Senior Member

Bristol
    What is more interesting than the results of this study is the way it was done. It is essentially a randomised control trial for free. Could more research be done like this?

http://www.mendus.org/#!mendus-reports/x53z8

2. Jenny TipsforME

Bristol

MEMum and ScottTriGuy like this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    This is a good idea actually, to test the effiacy of the various supplements that are common. The key is still to have good screening, gather sufficient data elements so that the results can be extended beyond just the patients included in the study.

sarah darwins likes this.
  4. Jenny TipsforME

Bristol
    @Snow Leopard in a sense it is just lots of n=1 studies knitted together. As a participant it is better than conventional research as you don't have to leave the house and you get your own results.

When you sign up to Mendus you do surveys which if I remember rightly were written by Leonard Jason for the ME/CFS folk (should be fairly robust).

It needs to be treated as a different way of doing science, not the same as University based studies. It is probably very good as a Phase 1 study. When there are particularly interesting results it could be used as evidence for a more conventional study.

Snow Leopard likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.