1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is the candida spit test accurate?

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by paul80, Aug 3, 2012.

1. paul80

paul80

I got conflicting answers from searching on google so i thought someone here might know.

2. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Well, I was "positive" based on the spit test, but negative for antibodies soon after. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have some other yeast (other than candida)...

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I strongly suspect no.

4. paul80

paul80

Ok, cause my doctor told me to do it and started me on a Caprylic Acid and pre/probiotics for candida. My metametrix results will be back very soon so i will find out anyway.

I was asking because my mum tried the spit test and thinks she has candida now. Is there any other tests ordinary doctors can give for candida?

Thanks.

5. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I'm pretty sure you could get a candida antibody blood test fairly easily.I think there are usually some obvious physical signs though when you have a decent overgrowth.

I wouldn't place any trust in the spit test personally.

svetoslav80 likes this.
  6. paul80

paul80

Ok i'll let her know. Thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.