1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is Sulphur Good or Bad for Candida (and Lyme)

Discussion in 'Fungal Infection (Yeast, Candida)' started by Lotus97, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Some people say Sulphur based supplements such as MSM, Taurine, and Alpha Lipoic Acid feed Candida/yeast while others say that it kills Candida and the reason people feel bad on sulphur supplements is because of the die-off/herx/herxheimer effect released from the pathogens when they're killed.

2. South

South Senior Member

I've gone around and around with this and finally think that nobody knows anything! Candida completely sucks, and I can't find any RELIABLE info other than the usual "strict diet" and "candida killing supps/meds" and "probiotics". Been there done that.

Case in point, taurine:
    "taurine helps the body process sulfur better, which reduces candida problems"
    "taurine made my candida grow like wildfire - as evidenced by increase in skin fungal infection, which cannot be blamed on die-off"
    "taurine helps bile flow"
    "CBS mutations can result in extremely high blood levels of taurine"

ok, I give up. Nobody knows what these sulfury supplements do, and I no longer respect the opinions of certain candida-fighting experts who take any single stance on these sulfury supplements and don't state "we have not tested this out in real physiology". THEY don't know, and to state that they do know is misleading.

PathogenKiller and helen1 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.