• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Shamanic medicine the next step?

Strawberry

Scientists Put Shamanic Medicine Under The Microscope
In an unlikely collaboration with Amazonian shamans, medical researchers seek a cure for autoimmune disease.

That kind of collaboration is at the core of Runa’s mission. At the Naku Center, located in an area of rich biodiversity deep in the Ecuadorian Amazon, researchers from Stanford, Yale and other institutions will work with healers from the Sapara tribe, an endangered society of fewer than 600 people. At the Rios Nete center in Peru, researchers will work with the Shipibo, a larger tribe whose members are well-known for their medicinal wisdom.

At each center, an M.D. and a shaman, with the support of a team of wellness practitioners and clinicians, will care for an initial group of 15 patients using shamanic protocols, while the researchers analyze their treatments using modern technology. The facilities are slated to open early next year.

The first order of business at the clinics? Finding a cure for autoimmune disease.

Yessss.........

Get the entire (LONG) story here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d6492d633c23?cmpid=NL_LLM_weekly_2015-10-16

my only issue is potential furthering of rain forest destruction for financial gain...

Anyone want to go to Peru with me? ;)

Vineyard1

If the Center they are creating truly has a Western MD working with the Native Healers I would consider it.