Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is pain a primary symptom in Lyme?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Cheesus, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Hi folks,

I am considering pursuing the question of Lyme more aggressively so that I can be confident in my treatment approaches. I have a number of neurological symptoms, however I am (thankfully) almost completely without pain (it is so infrequent, fleeting and mild that I would happily live my life with it and never even think of it as an issue).

Is pain often a central feature of Lyme?

Thanks!

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Many people have pain with Lyme disease but not having pain as a predominant symptom does not rule it out.

Your Lyme expert doctor would look at your symptoms and testing as a whole to make a clinical diagnosis.

Sushi and Cheesus like this.
  3. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    Just the info I was looking for. It's not a search engine friendly question. Thanks!

Also I like your dog :)

4. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    My borrelia infection is unequivocal and I have almost no pain. If I'm binging on sugar I'll get some soreness in my joints in certain positions but nothing that I can't handle, and the pain goes away when I go off the sugar again.

Cheesus likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.