The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is Melatonin a methyl donor?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by nodokomo, Jun 11, 2016.

1. nodokomo

nodokomo

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Melatonin is a methyl donor.
    My first ever supplement of any kind was taking a 2mg Melatonin pill that also had 2mg of B6 in it. The next day and for the next 8-9 days I felt amazing(no more pain and weakness or paralysis) while continuing to take the pill every night. After that though, I started to feel gradually worse and eventually started getting a very strong pounding heart beat everytime I took the pill, and so I stopped.
    Now, the reason I ask if Melatonin is a methyl donor, is because I have recently started taking MethylCobalamin, and after a few days of feeling well and sleeping well, I again started getting the pounding heart beat after taking it.
    So, do you guys know if Melatonin is a methyl donor? Sorry if the bold formatting is bothersome to anyone, I just find it easier to read that way.

See more popular forum discussions.