1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is M.E. MS Light?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by akrasia, Jul 31, 2013.

1. akrasia

akrasia Senior Member

http://www.x-rx.net/blog/

Jamie Deckoff Jones' reflects on her current self treatment strategies, the Wahl diet, ongoing retroviral questions raised by Sidney Grossberg and others' research, lyme disease and antibiotics, and her working hypothesis that m.e. is m.s. light.

In a comment, Gerwyn fleshes out the comparison.
  2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    I didn't realize anyone was taking antiretrovirals for this, and she seems to be claiming it has helped her and her daughter. interesting, thanks.
  3. lastgasp

lastgasp

I think the main difference is that ME directly involves a wider range of bodily systems while MS is more concentrated, Dr Hyde said something to this effect that makes ME more diffuse but MS more fulminant. MS expert Dr Poser has looked at MRIs of both and said he can tell the difference from the lesions' distribution, if I recall.

I'm not too sure I'd agree that ME is "lite" either by itself or in comparison.

That's not ME, it's MS, slightly worse or slightly better depending on which ME survival rates you go by (eg. Jason's having a decreased life expectancy of up to 20 years[?]). I think deaths due to ME are underreported while the life expectancy of MS will be slowly rising over the years, but pwME has more chronicly severe disability in a large subgroup.

See more popular forum discussions.