1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is low white blood count (leukopenia) really exclusionary for CFS?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by fresh_eyes, Jan 20, 2010.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    hi upnorth, your tests are interesting, i wonder sometimes when they are in the low range that your immune system is tiring out. Its just another example of immune dysfunction in cfs. Actually I rember my cd4 count was low at one stage and my doc said something similar, he then recommended natural immune stimulants like astragalus etc, this improved my cd4 count but it didnt really improve my symptoms, i suppose it may have stopped me getting worse. You might be able to get immunoglobulin injections if your immune system is low and shown on blood test, have read where some cfs guys improve on these, but its finding a quack that knows what he's doing.
    good luck!

2. flex

flex *****

London area
    Can anyone please interpret this for me from my spinal tap:

the c spinal fluid demonstrated less than one white cell and less than one red cell. VSV, HSV and enterovirus were not detected on PCR of the spinal fluid

This was presented normal. As I understand there should be no red cells in spinal fluid although it was a difficult procedure and they said they hit a blood vessel.
    Is PCR a reliable test?

3. Navid

Navid Senior Member

just rec'd my flow cytometry results:

abnormal:

CD 19A low
    CD4A low
    CD8A low
    all well below low end of range...any thoughts.

See more popular forum discussions.