Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

is LCF necessary?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Aerose91, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I know a lot of people (myself included) get very revved up from LCF in the beginning but I haven't seen a lot of people who ultimately saw much result from it. I know Freddd has it as part of his deadlock quartet but is it always necessary? If not as a principal nutrient, if as a needed cofactor?

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer. LCF. Here's something Fred had to say about it:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and- healing.21725/

helen1 likes this.
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Thanks, ahmo, that does help. I'll keep moving forward but one thing that bothers me about all of Freddd's teachings is they all revolve around how something effected him personally. I feel that's never a good reason to imitate a protocol.

Sherpa likes this.
  4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Yes, the protocol was developed around what worked for Fred. But there are many others of us who have seen the same types of improvements. In a perfect world, we wouldn't be having to work things out for ourselves. Or, maybe this is, indeed, the perfect path.;)

Here's another comment re LCF reaction. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...c-back-to-square-one.35556/page-2#post-645086

5. picante

picante Senior Member

Helena, MT USA
    If I understand right, the carnitine/AdB12 combination is necessary for healing your nervous system. And the more deficient your CNS, the stronger your reaction (like Freddd's).

I haven't had any discernible reaction to LCF, positive or negative. I suspect I may be one of the 10% who benefit from ALCar, though, and that's what I usually take.

My NAT2 snps fit in with this finding:
    I keep wondering if perhaps the slow acetylator types might be one of the groups who benefit from supplementing acetyl groups. Any thoughts?

6. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    I don't need LCF for energy. MethylFolate + B12 + iodine and thyroid supporting nutrients has me up, going out, and at the gym and yoga studio. If I need a boost for a serious workout or something I'll take d-ribose.

My problems are different than Fredd's problems and Aerose91's problems - and my solution may be different.

7. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    I had huge tension & anxiety meltdowns from LCF, & had (on Fred's advice) to switch to liquid carnitine, which I can titrate up from low doses.

I haven't noticed effects from it, but they would be hard to discern, as I am taking the other 3 DQs simultaneously. Health is slowly improving from the protocol as a whole. The nice thing is that a rising tide lifts all boats: So everything improves at once (for me): Gut, mood, skin, cognition, etc.

Fred has tested his DQs on about 1,000 people, so his experience isn't limited to himself alone.

See more popular forum discussions.