• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is It the Gluten or the Glyphosate?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
its truly appalling - I thought we'd seen the end of Roundup and its like. The news that they are drying crops with glyphosate is terrible. ughh

Antares in NYC

Several independent studies in multiple countries, and recently our very own MIT, confirm that glyphosate in Roundup is extremely toxic to human cells, and is linked to the dramatic increase of chronic diseases like cancer, autism, auto-immune diseases and many more. Someone recently referred to it as "napalm lite", and over the last couple of decades it has been spread everywhere in the USA. Everywhere there's a patch of green, from farms to gardens to lawns, to football fields and children's parks, they spread Roundup. That slow poison is everywhere you go.

We don't learn from history. Romans decided to keep using lead in the water pipes that served their urban centers, despite the fact they already knew back then that lead was toxic. A number of historians link the overuse of lead in pipes and utensils in the Roman era with the rapid decline of the Roman Empire.

It baffles me that even though we know that the glyphosate in Roundup is extremely toxic, that independent research proves so, and even the studies that the manufacturers conducted proved it (yes, they knew), we as a society decided not just to keep using it, but increase its usage. This has the potential to severely affect generations to come. Very scary.