Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

is it ok to dissolve b12 behind lower lip instead of upper lip?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Rlman, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Rlman

Rlman Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    is it ok to dissolve b12 behind lower lip instead of upper lip?
    Thanks in advance!

2. foenix

foenix

Hi Rlman, I prefer to upper lip and under the tongue.
    I have tried the two modalities and honestly I cannot feel a difference. My B12 serum levels went up pretty quickly with sublingual method which means that they get absorbed, and I very much prefer this way as I don't want to keep all that sugar in my mouth for too long. I use Source Naturals methyl-B12 (5mg) and Enzymatic Therapy's (1mg), they both dissolve in around 25-30min, if I keep them...

Rlman likes this.
  3. Rlman

Rlman Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    ok great @foenix . I did not know those brands dissolve so slowly sublinguly.

foenix likes this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    yes. you can tuck them anywhere.

Rlman and cph13 like this.
  5. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Just be aware that B12 tablets have caused cavities in the teeth close to where the tablets dissolve. For a while I tucked a B12 tablet behind my upper lip, then shortly after doing this for a month or so I developed a cavity at the front of my upper front tooth. Then I switched to my lower lip so that gravity would draw the dissolved tablet downward away from my teeth. Then I realized it wasn't worth risking any more cavities to be dissolving tablets next to my gums.

There is a thread somewhere here warning people about the dangers of dissolving B12 tablets next to your gums.

FWIW, I don't believe there's any benefit to taking b12 this way. I've read that the B12 molecule is too large to be absorbed sublingually anyway. All that's happening is that it's trickling down to your stomach where it's absorbed.

Whatever method you prefer for taking B12 is your choice, but you should be aware of the risks.

Valentijn, Rlman and cph13 like this.
  6. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    Best absorption is under the tongue but as CFS_for_19_years said, the molecule might be too big for absorption.

Rlman and cph13 like this.
  7. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    Whichever teeth you don't like, dissolve it near them. The tablets all have added sweetener and will wear down the enamel pretty badly. I used to have nice teeth. :(

And it does dissolve this way. I don't want to get into a debate about it.

Rlman, Kina and CFS_for_19_years like this.
  8. Johnmac

Johnmac Senior Member

Cambodia
    I use the Country Life, but it dissolves quite fast compared to the Enzys (sometimes just a few minutes). Keeping stationary, & not eating or drinking, prolong the dissolution period.

I'm getting small cavities too. Thanks for the idea - might switch to under-the-tongue.

Rlman likes this.
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

If this is the case then why do so many people have success with transdermal b12? If anything, a mucousal membrane should be better than skin

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  10. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Good point.

11. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Not saying im any authority on the matter, just wondering

CFS_for_19_years likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.