1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is it normal to get worse daily?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Aerose91, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

The first 3 months or so I was relatively stable. Then I over exerted one time which led to a huge dos slide in symptoms and, since that day, I continue to decline every.single.day. By decline I mean my brain. Physically if I overdo it it will recover for the most part after a week or so, but regardless if I'm exerting or laying down all day (which I've been doing for months now), when i wake up in the morning more of my brain is down. By down I mean more emptiness, more dissociation, less sense of the present and more anhedonia. No matter what I do I see noticeable changes downward every day, regardless of how much I rest.

Is this just disease progression? I'm 8 months in, can ME do this in the beginning?

2. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Aerose I can´t answer these questions however once I screened the yasko forums for people with similar issues to me (anhedonia, dissociation/derealization etc) and found one guy that cured after there years doing gut, methylation etc. He does not have what you have and neither exactly what I have, however he was quite screwed and he came out of it. It is possible. I quote here:

BTW I do not actually support the Yasko approach as it is expensive as hell, but treating the gut, methylation etc are very good candidates to regain health. Those have a LOT to do with the immune system and chronic infections, which for some are important to treat directly as well.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Beyond

Thanks for sharing that. It's pretty damn crazy how bad things are in my brain. It's kind of like this guy said- for me now it's no longer just dissociation- it's a complete loss of my being able to feel existence as a whole. "Reality" and "life" are mere concepts to me now.

I've been doing methylation slowly and wonderful diet/healing the gut for a couple years now, long before I got ME, to treat adrenal fatigue. That's part of what's giving me such trouble with this- all of the stuff people are supposed to do to heal from this I've already been doing for years, yet I continue to decline daily. Just hoping something will turn around soon.

Beyond likes this.
  4. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Yeah that sounds bad, I won´t say otherwise. I have my dissociation etc symptoms but they are more like a fog, slight. The cause must lay elsewhere for you then. Sometimes we need to recognize our problems overcame us and we need a professional. Too bad most of doctors are awful and traumatic. Probably if you had enough tests something would come up to blame at least part of your feelings.

5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    when I first got ill I was overexerting (not for a healthy person, but due to keeping on with life activities instead of resting).

After some months I did experience a profound fog where i didn't really think and felt lost. That lasted many months but I was able to rest a lot. I had no diagnosis at that time. After I while it did improve and I became relapsing/remitting for some years.

Only now am I progressive, but I had no diagnosis and little/no treatment for many years. Also I overexterted due to life circumstances (and not knowing better).

merylg likes this.
  6. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I do work with a therapist just because this is a hard time- but all of these symptoms I have came after overexertion so I know their not psychological. Each time I've over exerted my dissociation/loss of connection to reality becomes worse and appears to be permenant at this time. It doesn't matter how much I rest it need seems to help even 1%.

Willow- you say your progressive now in that your getting better?

7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    It it's due to ME I doubt if it would be permanent even if it feels like it right now. One can recover from extremely aweful places with this illness.

Consider if you could of developed coexisting depression to cause these more recent symptoms since the crash.. also things like coexisting POTS too can cause some dissociation or feeling out of it in some if brain isnt getting a good blood flow. Also consider if its any of your supplements or meds having a negative effect (when we crash and are at a lower level, things which previously may not have been negativity affecting can start to do so).

You could of also developed issues to mold or something like that.

Unfortunately if you have a lower baseline with that crash.. often new symptoms do enter the picture. ME can do all kinds of things even at the beginning of it... over time it often does change and shift. Its hard to say seeing you've only had ME/CFS for the time you've had, how its going to be like for you. I guess thou you know now just how important it is to avoid crashes.

aimossy and rosie26 like this.
  8. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    sorry for being unclear. progressive means getting worse over time (rather than relapsing/remitting, as many patients are, which would be better then worse, repeat, but not necessarily with a clear trend over time.... in a few patients the trend is to do better; patients can change between groups--I have even heard of people who were progressive and then move to other groups).

merylg likes this.
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Dp
    Do you have any ideas what may have started your downward progression?

See more popular forum discussions.